Working with Anxitey and depression ?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Won't bore you with details , but been off work now for 3 weeks and taking meds and work have asked me how long will I be away,have a sick note for a month , but to be honest I'm ashamed to admit I'm in no state to work my head is just a dark hole and I can barely look after my self let alone work and family stuff and I can see why people decide to opt out of life .

2 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Oh Richard I feel you're pain. I had to quit my job a week ago because of my anxiety. It's such a hard time right now for both of us.

Focus on getting yourself better before anything.

I hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Hi Richard

there is no shame at all in admitting and recognising your unwell. The fact that you are barely able to look after yourself, suggest right now you are very poorly. I hope your employer is understanding and permits you a longer period of absence as this illness doesn't permit a swift recovery. My advice would be to try not to think about what you cannot do, and concentrate on what you can do. Even if it's small tasks. (For me, getting up to just brushing my teeth was a huge achievement! ) you haven't mentioned if your appetite is suffering, if it is remember anything is better than nothing. Try and eat well balanced nutritional food (even a small meal will help your recovery) also plenty of fluids. It's worth getting some high strength omega 3 as this is really good for your brain and body.

Lastly be kind to yourself, don't worry about things you have no control over right now. Concentrate on you and let your body dictate the pace, until you are feeling in a better place. If you start getting the 'opting out feeling' force it out of your mind as that thought is a 'gatecrasher' replace it by thinking of anything else which has hope and courage attached to it.

wishing you a swift recovery

god bless ♥♥

• Posted

Hi Richard. I can empathise with how you're feeling. I had a break down and was off work for 7 months straight last year.

Can't lie.. Going back was hard and I actually had another break down, which resulted in me being sectioned and being off work sick again.

Don't go back until you're ready, sometimes it can backfire. And remember you're entitled to be off for as long as your note states. It's hard not to feel guilty and pressurised to return. But try and listen to your body.

I've been back since the new year and I'm now in a slightly better place. I have three different mental health conditions so I think it's always going to be a struggle for me. I hope it improves some more though.

But just know that things can get better. Bit by bit. Good luck

• Posted

Hi Richard, Take all the time you need if note is for a month do that and re-assess how your feeling. the meds will help what have you been prescribed? Its priority 1 that you get sorted out before you worry about anything else my friend!
  • Posted

I completely understand. I'm off work two weeks, except I got fired because I wasn't in a good state to be working and I made a lot of mistakes. That, of course, has complicated things. However, I'm finally able to trust myself being alone and feel like I'm at least moving forward. All that to say, take the time you need to get better. If you're not fit to work it's nothing to be ashamed of taking more time. It can lead to worse if you don't!

Take care of yourself.

• Posted

Thanks Abby , sorry to hear about your job sad I to have music to face when I go back but that's for another day we just need to get better , I don't even like leaving the house at mo .
    • Posted

Fired because your ill that sounds terrible ! PG the company!! its not your fault jut like itys none of our faults! hope you get better and work situation improves.
    • Posted

Unfortunately, fired because I screwed up my job because I was sick. In my work they told me they didn't care that I was sick, only that I wasn't doing my job sad

I hope others have more sensitive employers!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.