Worried!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am confused and worried. My GP suggested Fybromyalgia and did a range of bloods that have come back all fine apart from a bit of anemia. recently I have been suffering with hip pain, pain in right side of back, heel pain, groin pain causing me to limp, pelvic pain (tested for a UTI but it was negative) Shoulder pain. Morning stiffness (every day), nausea, dizziness (walking into door frames). Some loose stools but mostly constipated. Tingling in right arms, strange left sided sensations, tightening of chest. The occasional burning sensations in the palm of my hand and fingers.....strange forgetfulness, very worrying, I even forgot that I had just dried my hair, saying the wrong words, confusion. feeling unrested on getting up, exhaustion and going back to bed.....if this is fibro Im very concerned or maybe it could be something else....??? Any comments would be appreciated.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi, it certainly sounds like it could be fibro. Has your GP referred you to a rheumatologist or to a pain clinic? Both would be helpful. Good luck x
    • Posted

No, I need to go back and discuss things further with my GP. I have been working so much due to shortness of staff at work and I really put my aches and pains down to over doing it. Now, it all seems to be slowing me down. Yesterday, I have never felt exhaustion like it, I felt wiped out and didn't have the energy to move although I do have anemia. I suppose that's why I have been confused. I'm 47. Thanks for your reply ;0)
  • Posted

Hi sorry to say it sounds fibromylgia to me every symptom you described is what I have been putting up with for years.hope yours is something different that. can be cured for you sake Take care.
    • Posted

Bless you thank you, of course, yes, I'm looking for answers and I hope it isn't the Fibro one. You guys are the experts and the pain I have been experiencing for just months has been with you all for years. My thoughts are truly with you X
    • Posted

Hope you get some answers soon. Let us know how you get on, and remember we are all here to support you. Gentle hugs. x
  • Posted

Yes, I agree it definitely sounds like Fibro to me too. May I also ask if you have had your bloods checked for hormonal changes? There may also be some symptoms of peri menopause. I hope you learn how to deal with this condition should it be fibro - take care x
    • Posted

Yes you are right, I too thought that hormones should be the next thing to ask the GP about when I go back. I don't feel I've started the menopause yet, I'm 47 and my periods are still regular but maybe? Thank for you reply X
  • Posted

Certainly sounds like Fibro.....a Rhumotologist will be able to diagnose it fairly quickly....then you can get real help...it's just awful I know..really feeling for you...whenever I read these posts of people who have either been just diagnosed or still waiting to be...I start remembering just how bad it was in the beginning..once you get a diagnosis,  things can get soooo much better, because for one-(a huge one) your not stressing about what it might be..almost a celebration.....stress is just soooooo bad for Fibro...usually what causes it..a trauma, shock or very stressful thing happening to you...mine showed up a few years after a horrific trauma...then it took a couple of years to diagnose....but that's quite normal...things will get better for you, please believe that..once you see a Rhumotologist you'll automatically feel better...be blessed, stay strong and positive-half full glass and all that...be blessed:-) xx. Keep on blogging...looking forward to hearing of your diagnoses..xxxx
    • Posted

Thank you for taking the time to reply. It is a difficult time and everyday is a revealation to me but still confusing. And waiting to get nother GP appiont takes over a week.. Arghhhh. I spoke with a friend at work who said her mother has Fybromyalgia and I was quite alarmed when she told me, all that I had described was just how her mother had started. Then on the other hand I spoke with someone else who also suggested it could be menopause, I haven't started mine yet, still having regular periods but would you get such pain with menopause? I did a 12 hour shift yesterday, I felt stiff in the morning as usual, was ok midday and by afternoon had the same old pain in the R side of my back, hips, legs, stiff groin (I have had both my back x-rayed for stones and hip for arthritis). I pushed through got home, fell into bed and some of my toes where numb. Its all so weird. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.