Worried

Posted , 13 users are following.

i feel I am going bacwards. I am 34 weeks post tkr, never had a good bend, feel since beginning that I have a stuck area at side of patella.  Did physio, best was 78 deg!  Tried to fet on with my life, I can walk 2 miles, drive look after my grandchildren but cannot cycle, my hobby.  Tears every day as I try to cycle on excercise bike.  

Consultant says knee is ok but maybe adhesions.  Ohysio said today that it would be best to have MUA.  Im scared of more interventions.  Very down. Help please

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Your post says 34 weeks do yu mean 3 - 4 weeks?

I had TKR 3 years ago and like you I never had a good bend,had to work really hard.

It is worth it though I promise, keep going.

Take care and keep in touch.

Love Sasrah xxx

• Posted

Sorry just surprised you were still having physio. My consultant said I had to be at 90 degrees at 6 weeks and I only just made it.
    • Posted

This is private physio to try to fet an improvement as it is so bad.
  • Posted

Hi Carol,

I am 36 weeks post op, my op was 11th Sept last year.

Instead of my op taking one & a half hours, it took 3 hours due to my bones being so hard(thats what surgeon told my husband)anyway my leg was so swollen, I could not have physio for 7 weeks, I queried this with surgeon, he told me, if I had started physio, I could have burst open my wound also caused ligament & tendon damage. 

I started physion with 45 degree b end at 7 weeks.

I have persevered I now have a perfectley straight leg, no limp, my bend at present is about 125 degrees. I went to see my surgeon the other week & he told me, I could aheive another 10 or 20 degrees if I wanted, as I still had enough elasticity left. 

I am quite confident that I can acheive a bit more, but today I managed for the first time to go downstairs ( my steps are quite steep)no problem.

So Carol keep thinking positive & you will get there. I personally do not think there is a time limit, but if you keep mon trying you will get ther in the end.

By the way I will be 70 in July

Lynn

• Posted

I too.have had this proble...I've had surgery on Jan 6.....surgery went great..but in rehab they forgot to give me blood thinner for a week an I developed s blood clot....so bed rest for 5 days..bad thing after knee surgery..then double doses if blood thinner caused me to hemorrage.in intensive care for 3 days again bed rest...I finally have just about 90 degrees..I too can not do bike all around...I basically use it to stretch out my leg...I too am very upset an don't know eh as t to do...my doc says I basically h as ve to deal with it..because I'm still on blood thinners there's not much HD can do...an I'm basically past thatbpoint....it is very depressing an I completely understand your pain

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.