Worried

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have a job working cleaning bathrooms and empting trash. I do a lot of lifting and walking. I work 3 to 10 p.m. 

Its hard on me when by 8 p.m. because i start getting tired, my feet are hurting and i feel like i am going to fall out 

On Sunday i worked from 3 to 9 p.m. by 8:30 p.m. my heart was racing i felt weak and i felt like i was going to fall out 

Can any one relate to this and how can i cope with this 

Elizabeth

0 likes, 15 replies

Report / Delete

15 Replies

• Posted

Elizabeth, I am so sorry you are feeling this way. I have a very practical question to ask you. When you take your meal break...do you eat...and do you eat well? Except for the sore feet, I get the exact same way when I don't eat, or don't eat well. So does my sister. Let's start with this question, so we can go from there, or eliminate food as the problem.

The sore feet with your tough job might need orthodic shoes, maybe a new pair if yours are way old. Looking forward to hearing back from you. Sending you a big kiss on the cheek.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi elizabeth.. little work horse arnt you hun wink   Agree with the girls totes.. shoes, meds & Im just throwing in 'fluids'..  your symptoms can also be related to dehydration?    Hope that our input helps "GO GO GIRL"    xxx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Don't have enough info to know if this is exhaustion or anxiety. Give us more.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

This is how i feel i feel tired, because i take my medication at 5 i take lorazepam, famotidine for gerd, metformin, I talked to my nurse and i raised my vitamin d 3 

but by the end of my shift i am falling over my feet. I get a lot of rest but it seems like my heart rate is racing and i am tired i have no heart problems but why do i feel like i am going to fall out. 

I have not done this much work in a long time and it is tiring and i am off my medication regimine i always take my evening meds at the same time but when at work i have to take it at different times 

Elizabeth

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I don't know about the other meds, but I do know about Lorazepam...it relaxes me so much that if I take it to go to the dentist I don't remember much. The first time I did that, the dentist had to drive me home with a nurse following in my car.redface

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I have been on Lorazepam for a long time i take 1 mg 3 times a day, then at bedtime i take Zoloft, trazedone, and lamotrigine with a lorazepam. 

In the morning i take lorazepam, losartan for blood pressure, amlodipine for blood pressure, a one a day multi vitamin with 1000 UI vitamin d 3 

famotidine for gerd and metformin for diabetes

I do take a thyroid pill before i take all these meds because i have hypothyroidism 

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Wow, girl...with that all going on you are an extraordinary woman to work  at such a demanding job with those hours. i commend you. Does sugar affect you negatively? If not, would a sweet snack help around 8 pm, maybe even a piece of fruit?
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

You're welcome. When my sister and I are on a project together, we forget to eat. When we get grumpy or tired (usually at the same time) we look at each other, me saying food, and she saying sugar at the same time. Instant mood and energy elevator. You take care of your wonderful self, Elizabeth.confused

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I am assuming you don't get any breaks.  Take a snack bar in with you to keep your energy levels up or even better a nutritious sandwich. Also it is important to keep drinking so that you do not faint.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up