Worried

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi again. I've been pain free for a week or so. Due pre I'm on wed. Last night and today a dull ache like stitch has returned😑is this the start of another attack? Does any know how to keep it at bay if it is xx

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

If you can, try to rest, drink plenty of water, and avoid fatty and prepared foods. Dairy might be a trigger for you-- it is for some people.  Eat very small meals, say, every 2 hours. You might be able to risk a bit of chicken, but steer clear of beef and pork.  Hope this helps.  It doesn't leave you much to eat, I know. xx    

• Posted

Hi Louise

Gad! What a bummer. Every body is unique and different in this realm of gallstone wonder! The second you feel a little sick to your stomach, grab a cup of water with about 1/4 of apple cider vinegar. Drink it all. I used to take one Ibuprofen pill along with the cider and water. Think about what you just ate about 6 hours ago...ANYTHING that has fat in it will trigger the gallstone(s)...Fat turns into cholesterol stones and boy do they hurt! Really slim down on what you eat and try not to eat after 6pm. Then, if you can...the same day you have the pain, walk about 2 to 3 miles...get your body juices flowing!! Some people have to have their gallbladder eventually removed...Try super hard to eat very little...and then when the pain goes away...eat only natural foods...anything that is not processed or put in a box...beans, beets, dark colored vegetables seem to digest pretty well. Eat small amounts and then wait and see if that little bratty gallstone has settled down. Lemon water helps too!! In any event....if you are over weight, this is one pain in the you-know-what that will actually help weight control....that may be the only good side of it...I wish you well and that you keep that pain at bay!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.