Worried aboout sex with someone with past std's

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

I recently ended up having drunk, unprotected sex with someone I hadn't known all that long, (Stupid I know, mistake that wont be made again.) 

But we have continued talking and it's come to light that she has had STD's in the past, chlamydia and genital warts to name them. She said that this was roughly two years ago they were treated and has been fine ever since but I'm worried that I may have got some sort of infection from it? Is this possible? 

It was 10 days ago that we had sex, I have no symptoms as of yet but I'm still panicing! I've gone to have checks for Chlamydia and Gonorrhea and I am waiting results but I'm still worried. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Just wear protection and getting your self check regularly
    • Posted

I usually do, total hypochondriac but made this mistake sad 

Thanks for your reply! 

• Posted

I panic too even if something wrong and I haven't had unprotected sex. Just wear protection and if you and this girl continue talking ask her to get tested to make sure she is clean. She can have STDs with out you retracting them, but that doesn't mean you'll never get it from her
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply ! Being a bit of a hypochondriac is a blessing and a curse I guess ! I hope I haven't, will have to keep an eye but in panic overload ! >< >
  • Posted

If you are to worried , why dont you and this other person go to sexual health clinic together ...They are very helpfull and can put your mind at rest and give you a both a full check ups  .. Also get checked regular to keep your mind at rest .. and wear a condom when having sex as there are more thn 2 STD's about .  Some are for life to .
  • Posted

The best way to be sure in your safety is to use condoms. But i think that if the infection is cured you should not worry about it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.