worried about cancer

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi i have been not feeling right for  about 4 weeks doctor said it is anxiety on propranolol 10mg x 2 a day had 2 ecgs which were normal had fbc which was normal apart from wbc which is slightly raised had no concerns but still feeling no better and i'm worried it's cancer keep feeling lightheaded, tired, don't want to do things i used to anymore i'm 53 and postmenopausal keep getting headaches on and off, can anxiety make you feel like this for this long my appitite is not same lost 6lbs in weight but i are eating but not like i was before,neck feels heavy so does my head,please has anyone got any advice my deep thoughts are if the doctor thought it was cancer something would show up in blood results

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Your symptoms of headaches, lightheadedness , tiredness, change in appetite, do not sound like symptoms of cancer.  Stress, depression and anxiety can cause many different symptoms including the ones you mentioned.  Your doctor doesn’t seem concerned about anything serious.  

Do you have a history of anxiety or depression?  

Counseling can be very helpful for anxiety and depression.  

Follow up with your doctor if your symptoms get worse.  But something would most likely have shown up in the blood test if anything was serious, 

Take Care ??????🙂

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.