Worried about Guillain Barre Syndrome

Posted , 3 users are following.

hey I had a weird, nasty fly that started 6 days ago. It involved a temp of 103, headache, aches, chills and extreme fatigue. I also experienced an almost inability to walk from one room to another because of immense weakness. Now that I'm almost totally recovered I noticing somethings are off. since the flu ive retained muscle weakness, especially in my arms and shoulders. my legs are weak as well but less so. I also have mild lower back pain. im worried that what i have is guillain barre syndrome. Does anyone else still feel moderate muscle weakness and pain after youve already recovered from a flu or should i be worried?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

i had flu a fee months back, i was in bed for 7 days, barely able to move to go toilet, sounds like youve had the flu, took me 7 weeks to get over it fully, even my taste buds went, not fully returned.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.