Worried about having a heart attack, please help.

Posted , 2 users are following.

In May, around day 15, I decided I was gonna change my lifestyle and started a diet. Everyday at 7pm  I'd go take a 30 minute walk and then go to the gym for 1.5 hours. I ate less and more often and cut on sodas, fats etc.

It all started when I was at a shopping mall and my left hand's pinky and ring finger went numb and I started panicking. I almost fainted.

It's been almost 3 weeks, and I can't get over it, I'm always worried I'm gonna have a heart attack.

I feel a little bit of pressure on my adam's apple and a little weird ache on my left armpit and shoulder joint. I did a blood pressure test and the results were slightly above normal due to the fact that I was panicking about the test results. 

Sometimes it feels like my heart stops but it actually doesn't. I felt bloated for a few days then it got better. Last night I had another panick attack and all those feelings came back. 

I have no trouble breathing and I feel no chest pressure but I just can't stop thinking about the worst possible scenarios. Please tell me what to do.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

Seems like you are very concerned about your health. The more you worry about something the more you will feel the symptoms. I face this same issue. If you are really worried about something, specifically a heart attack, just make an appt. to see a cardiologist. Doesnt hurt to get a checkup =)

-Tom

• Posted

The problem is I'm scared of going to the doctor because most likely they'll ask me to do a blood test and I've had a needle phobia since I was 6 rolleyes
    • Posted

What is the worst that will happen? You pass out? so what! someone will be there with you to help you. I hate needles too but when it comes to health i just suck it up and do it. As long as someone is with you, you have nothing to fear. You are not going to die and it will be over soon. I struggle with this too but you cannot let the fear of something control your life/control you actions. It's a viscious cyle that we need to break.
    • Posted

Yea I'll have to face it. The pros of doing a blood test far outweigh the cons. But passing out is horrible, makes me feel like a weak person
    • Posted

you need to be mentally strong....

Trust me, you can do it..it is all in our head

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.