Worried about herpes

Posted , 2 users are following.

i am very worried about herpes.. i have no symptoms besides itching in my groin, scrotum, legs, and tip of penis. i went to doctor and she said i had nothing to worry about but i still feel like i do. i had potential exposure about 12 days ago (she said she tested negative for everything, but idk if i believe her) doc did run swab test on my meatus but she tends to think my anxiety is causing this. is it normal to have these symptoms for 11 days but no sores appear?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

worry when u have symptoms not when theres nothing wrong with you

• Posted

u usually get a bit more than just that if a doctor has said theres nothing wrong the chances are theres nothing wrong if u have had a swab done await the results

• Posted

when i got my first outbreak of hsv1 it was really bad i had open sores/blisters all over my lips for about 3 weeks it was really painful aswel i have heard that some people dont get sores and it can just be a patch of sore cracking skin

• Posted

theres lots of things can cause that from shaving to skin conditions thats why its better to wait for the results noone can tell u if u 100% have herpes only havin a test is the way to know

• Posted

doc just called and swab from urethra and another spot (not pictured) is negative. still have unusual itching in genital area though

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.