Worried about losing my job

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone. So I've been suffering with depression and anxiety for the past few years. I got offered a new job a couple of months ago which was great. I was 8 weeks pregnant at the time. I did my training etc and wen I did my first shift I was 10 weeks pregnant. I had a missed miscarriage and ended up being off for 3 weeks. They were fantastic and really supportive. I was in on Friday for a back to work meeting with HR at which I states that I felt able to return on Monday. However last night I was up all night with anxiety and ended up calling in sick which I feel awful for because my boss has been so great. I am now so terrified of losing my job because I said I was coming back but called in sick.

3 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi vicky,

You were grateful for the understanding you received regarding your miscarriage and felt compelled to set a date to return to work when possibly you were not ready.

Contact your employer and explain your situation. It may be a good idea to have a word with your gp about your anxiety and depression, considering what you have been through recently.

Best wishes,

Mike.

• Posted

Thank you Mike I contacted them today to get some more time off.
  • Posted

Oh my darling you must still be feeling like ..... after your sad miscarriage.  Your employer sounds great so just be honest with them and go back when you feel ready.  I am sure they will understand and maybe even emphasise with you.  You have been through a traumatic time so take it easy ok?  x
    • Posted

Thank you hypercat ♥️ Will hopefully get back on the go soon. X
  • Posted

Hi vicky

Bless you, first of all I’m am sorry for your loss and am feeling for you.

My dear You will get there but in time,in your time.

Don’t feel bad for it sounds like you’ve a good relationship with your employer, they have been understanding to you and that’s good.

just take it day by day at the moment! You may feel a couple more weeks will help or longer. No one has a  set time for grieving and that’s what you are doing.

You said you spoke to your employer today, so it not like your avoiding them keep them updated on how you are doing.

have you got help and support at the moment. I really hope you have.

You’ve done the right thing you where honest that you’re not ready yet.

take care be kind to yourself

vicky🌈

• Posted

Thank you Vicky x. I'm hoping to get back soon coz I only started the job before I went off. But I won't force myself to go back il take it a day at a time ?? X

• Posted

Hi Vicky 🙂

yes you take your time, don’t feel pressured that’s the worst.

so glad your employers are being empathetic and patient with you.

take care now

vicky🌈

• Posted

Vicky,

I am so sorry for your loss.  I agree with Mike, contact your employer.  Just be honest and gracious.  Thank them for all of the support they have shown and tell them you thought you were ready but need a bit more time.

Let them know you are committed to returning to work and you want to be at your best when you do so that you provide the best service possible to your customers and to the organization.

I hope you are able to speak with a professional therapist to help you through this difficult time; getting the emotional and possibly spiritual support you need is important to your entire well being, especially during a time of loss.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.