Worried about medication

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, in a recent post I wrote about how my anxiety and depression seems to be returning after coming off citrolapam last October. I worry now after reading other people's negative comments about this medication. But on the other hand I know I definitely felt better while taking it. I'm getting myself stressed about going to my gp to ask about going back on it and dreading the fact that he might refuse. I'm in my early 60s and would rather take medication for the rest of my life than put up with the way I feel when not taking it.

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

dont worry about going back to the doctors my love if you feel you need it you take it ive been on my antidepressants 21 yrs and will be i think for life my attitude is if it makes you feel better and gives you a better quality of life then why not take it xx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I can certainly agree with you about the possibility of having to take a medication the rest of your life versus being miserable with anxiety.  I highly doubt that your doctor would refuse you getting back on the medication.  But what other things have you done to have less anxiety besides medication?  CBT, meditation, those are very helpful. Wish you peace of mind!
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up