Worried about MS or Brain Tumor

Posted , 10 users are following.

6 weeks ago started waking up with numb hands and they persisted for a few weeks so went to see gp. Examined and questioned and and was sent to physio .So 3 weeks in I start physio and numbness starts a bit in right leg. Starting to get anxious and worried now.....A week later I start to feel a little dizzy occasionally and off balance. Have had very comprehensive blood screening and 2 neurological exams and all normal . I'm getting mouth infections , throat infections and dizzy a lot. Every week I have another symptom. ...even slight numbness in tongue and now persistent headache and feel brain fog . Worried sick it's a tumor or MS. Help ! Symptoms calmed for a week after the blood results etc but within a few days think I had a panic attack and have not been right since. Taking a half Xanax now and again to keep a lid on things. Doc prescribed a month of Lexapro but im not happy to go on anti depressants. Sending me to a neurologist to rule everything out but appointment not forthcoming til June. I'm going out of my mind.....

2 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Ciaro, I'm sure your symptoms could be a number of things but if you don't get the anxiety under control it can manifest in very strange ways and produce so many symptoms. Try not to worry too much. I understand that that's easier said than done but the Dr.'s will usually just want to diagnose it as anxiety/depression and that's not what you want. It could be a nmber of neurological disorders. It's taken me years to get answers due to always being under a blanket diagnosis of Anxiety and depression. Good luck sweetie. Make sure to research every avenue that your symptoms lead you too. In my opinion the Cleveland Clinic has the best Neurologists in the U.S. They can do tons of tests that no one else can do. If you can call them for an evaluation. 
  • Posted

Get rid of the Lexapro....You don't want the side effects to get confused as symptoms. If you can stay off everything until you've had a full work up. Stay away from xanax as well. Ask them for Valium for your anxiety instead. Been down the rd. your on so I'm just trying to help.❤️
    • Posted

Hi Marianne. Thanks for the reply. I'm currently doing all I can to get to the root of it. Been to the doc 3 times, physio 3 times....They all think the same. I have pushed for a neurologist and mri so I'm hopi g for the mri in the next few days and the neurology appointment is being made also . I'm not taking the Lexapro at all. I take half a Xanax of I'm very bad but otherwise try manage it myself. Unfortunately I don't live in the US. ..I'm in Ireland. ...Our health system isn't great here but the doctors are generally highly qualified so I'm lucky I have private health care even though you still have to wait a little for an appointment. I'm praying it's only anxiety and I can take steps to get that sorted as it won't kill me if I get it under control.
  • Posted

Hi ciara

I have been having the symptoms.

How did you go

• Posted

Hi Hamish. I am not long after receiving news of a completely normal mri. Doctor says it rules out most serious issues but still wants me to see a neurologist given the fact that my symptoms are neurological in nature. What's going on with you?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.