Worried about my health for past 6 months, head and neck pains

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm 19 years old and in my first year old college, recently I have become incredibly anxious due to pains I am getting in my head.

The pains started during the Summer, I was in bed one night and the back right side of my head felt like it was being pricked with a pin-I was more worried about chest pains at that time as I had been in the hospital emergency department multiple times that Summer with chest pains-all ECG, blood tests and x rays came back clear which calmed me down about the chest pains but then I started worrying about the head pains.

As months went by I realised that I was getting pinpoint pains in the same spot on the top of the back right of my head. One day about 3 months ago I got a horrible throbbing headache in the same spot while sitting in my law class and had to leave college for the day. I visited my GP and he said it is anxiety but I realised I was losing my trust for him and after seeing him I was still worried. He precribed me Lyrica but after a few days I started getting stinging pains down my arms and head-so I asked to stop taking them

In the last two months I have constant scalp tenderness around the back right side of my head, along with 1/2 second pains in the same area, my ears have been ringing on and off for about 5 seconds at a time, I get pressure in the area when I bend over or stand up, along with jaw pain on the right side and I have constant neck pain when looking down.

Does anyone have any similar experiences with these pains because I have been so afraid of what it could be for a while now? Some nights I'm even too afraid to sleep

Thank you!

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I know exactly what your taking about I get this pains in my head and neck and my body just goes numb and the feeling of terror just runs threw me
    • Posted

Hi Melissa,

I had the same sort of numbness after my doctor put me on that medication, my forearms and hands would go numb and sometimes my face would sting, I was afraid it was a side effect to the medication at the time

It feels like a lot of people brush it off too and it becomes embarrassing when my family constantly say that I'm overreacting or worrying too much because it feels like everyone is talking about me

• Posted

I haven't felt any dizziness but have become nauseous several times-Have you got checked by your doctor?
  • Posted

I get chedt pains left arm pain pain in tje elbows pain in the jaw like a tooth ache n sometimes like pins n needles in my face. I get a lil tingling in my fingers n dometimes i get numbness. Im up right now wotj sweaty palms n pain n my arms n hand. Yes it is very scary n i try not to worry been to regular doctor heart doctor n er n they all say im fine . im do anxious to csll an ambulance right now n my family is kinda the same they say the doctors havent found anything its all in my head. Im weak in my legs n i also got a stomach ulcer so im just up at the moment.
  • Posted

Yes I've went to the hospital and doctor they just put it off as my anxiety won't do any tests but blood work

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.