worried about my weight loss due to anxiety.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been suffering with anxiety for years but always went away along with my depression. But for what ever the reason is now it won't go away and I've lost tremendous amount of weight and I've had all test done and I'm ok but still concerned about the weight loss. My appetite is great so i don't see why I'm still losing lbs and then it makes me worry more when i notice I've lost weight but i still try and do thing and go places and not be so depressed but it's hard. I will deal with the anxiety but tired of the weight loss it makes you worry more. Just looking for help to stop lossing weight.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Have you noted this to your doctor? Many loose weight during bad cycles of anxiety but usually do to lack of eating or stomach issues. If you are eating well and still loosing weight might be best to gice your doctor a call and let him know.
    • Posted

Hello lisalisa, I've spoken with my doctor several time of this matter and she says she not concerned at the time cause of what my weight need to be due to my height.. I've weighted 170lbs and over the year I've lost 15lbs during the courses of the months, but now i c more weight loss happening. I'm goin to the dr asap so hopefully she will help me this time. Too scary for me I've been dwn to 100lbs before and i fear that's going to happen again.. God please help me!!!
  • Posted

Over the 3months since I've been diagnosed with anxiety I've lost 13 pounds. It's scary because it makes you wonder if there's something else wrong with you. But my apetite has been back so hopefully I won't lose anymore weight.
  • Posted

i weigh  95 lbs  always been skinny but as all of u lost weight was 110 lbs, have gastrics, lung infection, kidney problems and panic attacks  pls thyroid   the hyper one    since  nov lost all weight
  • Posted

Similar with me, I lost weight and my friends used to see me and get concerned. I was very upset and kept over thinking about it. Then the beauty of anxiety helped, I got concerned bout other things and forgot about weight loss. Guess what, I gained weight and joined gym. 

Try this don't think about it strategy and see if this can help you.

Stay happy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.