Skip to content
hbgreenninja hbgreenninja

worried about superbugs!

So I’ve been reading in the news lately that we’re about to be up against a lot of superbugs/antibiotic resistant bacteria and its going to be like the 18/1900’s and a simple cut is going to kill you. Is this true? If it is true how would we stop it? Do I need to be worried about it?!? I cant stop worrying and I cant focus on anything without it in my head

3 Replies

• jan34534 hbgreenninja

Try to relax. I have heard the same thing back 25 years ago. There are some bacteria‘s that are more resistant than others to antibiotics. But they are always inventing new antibiotics.

It’s not going to be like all of a sudden every antibiotic will not work.  We can’t believe 100% everything that we read.

Believe me, worry is not worth it and a useless emotion. We need to take one day at a time and not think too far into the future. I wasted over 25 years worrying about everything and I can’t get back one of those days. Nothing bad ever happened. Don’t do that to yourself. 

There were always news stories  that  predicted something horrible was going to happen that never Occurred. And there will  always will be those kinds of stories.

so go live your life and enjoy it! My thought is if something bad ever happens then I will deal with it at that time.

I can think of a thousand  things that I could worry about but it’s just not worth . 99% Of things we worry about don’t actually happened in the 1% is usually nothing serious.

👍🌸🌸🌸

• hbgreenninja jan34534

Thank you so much for your reply! have have seen some of your other replies on other threads and they have helped me a lot. Ever since I can remember I have been a worrier, and I would even be sick  to my stomach from worry when I was just 9 years old. Again thanks so much

• jan34534 hbgreenninja

Great! You are very welcome. I think some of my answers come from years and years of life experience with anxiety and stress.

I was a worrier since the age of five. I spent decades worrying which never solved one single thing. I think it actually created my high level of anxiety. But we don’t have to let fear and worry and anxiety control our lives. There are some great meditations on YouTube for anxiety. Hang in there and don’t forget to laugh and smile  because life goes by way too fast! 😁🌹

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.