Worried about taking this Drug

Posted , 5 users are following.

I can't get out the door. I can't do a lot of things for a year now, worst of all  am going days without sleep now.  I took 2mg of Diazipam for 3 days but won;t be prescribed them or sleeping pills as they have bad effects overtime and only mask the problem.  I have been scared to take pills all my life, I used to half paracetamol and take it or genrally not take it even in pain just have scared to take somethign that's unknown to me and what it will do as well, plus when a take pils too they feel like they get stuck so not a win win situation.  Councelors won't see me till a take Fluoxetine 20mg but all the side effects scare me and once I take this pill I can't stop  if i could stop straight away after taking this pills once without have consiquences then maybe just maybe I would attempt to take it.   People said to me if you can take diazipalm you can take Fluoxetine no cause the Diazipalm was only for 3 days and was only 2mg and Fluoxetine is 20mg and is has bad side effects when taking it or if you do stop taking it so you can't win with this drug but at this rate maybe it'se best to take fluoxetine even though I don't want to what has been your experinces on this drug.  The side efects are scary from feeling sick for weeks, tired numb to feeling worse with anxiet and people even being suicide how is that supposed to help.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

A lot of us sufferers don't like the fact that we have to take medications!  Does a person with cancer like doing chemotherapy? Does a diabetic like having to take insulin?  Sometimes we need to do certain things if we want to feel better.  No one said you have to take it the rest of you life?  Just take it to feel better, so you can go to counseling so you can learn to cope with distorted thinking of anxiety and depression you may have.  I tell you what I will take any medication that helps me feel better, than stay feeling miserable! That way I can have a life!
  • Posted

What is the alternative though?  Do you want to push forward and start therapy so you can be able to step outside your home? I think the potential for this pill to work on you and help you outways the risks.once you feel strong enough so you can the proper therapy and you noted the therapist wont see you unless you take it anyway. What if... What if it works? WHat if yiu feel twenty times better three weeks from now? Its not even a big dose at all. 2mg ofdiazipam is way stronger then the low doses 20mg of fluoxetine so you know dont go by numbers it depends on the medicine. Your fears have trapped you in your home and stole your life so might be a great idea not to listen to them anymore. The worst scenario is in a few weeks if you cant stand the meds you wean off and stop. Its a small dose. Some people metabolize the drug differently and slower so you cant go by other peoples reactions.theres reqsons for them. It seems like you honestly need the medicine so do this one thing to hopefully calm the fear down so you can begin to reclaim your life and enjoy it. I know a few people on it they are pleased, nut they are on higer doses. Your dose it very small start rs choice.
    • Posted

But* not nut.mtypo sorry
  • Posted

Thanks for the replys my post was duplicated which is weird and 20mg doesn't seem as bad I guess not sure if 2mg of Diazipam is stronger maybe is or not but yes maybe this pill will be the thing to put me back on track and once again thanks for the replys.
  • Posted

We are all scared of side-effects. As others here said - none of us love th eidea of taking meds. Throughout all this i still avoided any and all medicine including paracetamol, like you! The good news is that side-effects are only dangerous if they are ignored. I can bet that not many Anxiety sufferers ignore symptoms - it is against the nature of the illness. So if you were to notice any unusual symptom you would probably get straight in touch with a doctor. Any symptoms are not usually life-threatening in the immediate sense so there is typically ample time to get help. Taking your medicine as prescribed and keeping your appointments can help pull you out and keep you out of this pit. I have taken medication for 12 years despite my aversion to it. Completed therapy 3 years ago. I am now a total of 8 years symptom free. I owe it all to the medicine. You do NOT stay hooked on it forever provided you follow your doctor's advice. I would start the medicine and start pushing to be seen by a psychiatrist as previously discussed. I think you can see a difference after a few weeks already. and when you do you may just regret not having started sooner. Noone deserves to go without sleep as you have - i can't imagine how tired you are. And your exhaustion is making you feel worse than you likely are. Give yourself a break.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.