Worried because im not active

Posted , 6 users are following.

Im worried because im not active, If ive only stayed the same or lost 1-2 this month with orlistat would the doctors take you off it?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I was told by GP iIhad to lose 5% of starting weight in a months period and then I could have more, but if i do not achieve this they will not give me any more. as they persume I am not trying to help myself lose weight.

I am making myself move more to help as I am just shy of 21 st, I did pluck up the courage to go swimming wearing a victorian swimming costume eek.  i thought this would be a better option as i can go at my own pace, the water not only hides my body but holds it while I move. Today I have started to clean the whole of the house. 

Can you speak with your GP to see what they are expecting you to lose to be able to continue on Orlistat? xx

• Posted

Well I have been sticking 2 my diet I havent had any xrappy foods at all. But slimming world say its better to lose slow than quick im 15st7. I dont know if stress affects ur weight loss. Im not that active due 2 my foot once ive worked my shifts my foot has killed x
    • Posted

Slimming World are right slow n steady, keeps it off.  im sure if your on their plan you will loose the wieght without excerise. I did when I did it some years ago hun. keep withit and with sw group support you will do brilliant xx
    • Posted

I do like last week lost 1pound this week stayed same but its * week when im weighing at docs as wwll x
  • Posted

I got told if I didn't loose a % which was 11lb in my case in a month I wasn't aloud anymore sad
  • Posted

Try not to worry x

If you have cut back on your calorie intake and followed the rules of Oristat, you still should loose weight, just being active will speed up weight loss.

Do you keep a food diary?

///*.*\\\

• Posted

my doc said I had to lose at least 5% of my body weight within the 1st 3 month period then if I did I could have them for another 3 months. 
    • Posted

That's what mine said. Don't take my word for it. But I went for a weigh in after 4 weeks and he said that really I should only see him every 12. I have no health issues at all other than my weight and bmi being 32 / 33 and I take no other medication.  I am lightly active like a brisk walk each day walk to school etc run round the garden with my daughter and I'm seeing a huge difference in my body shape rather than losing loads of lbs. I've been on them 6 weeks and lost 12 lb so it's a steady loss of 2 lb per week average. Any loss is better than none in my opinion so just keep at it! Xx 
    • Posted

Mine want 1 every month. I havent got any health issues due 2 my weight. I will see what they say thursday x
  • Posted

My doctor is only looking for 5% over 3 month period but I still go the surgery every four weeks now to get weighed.

• Posted

Exactly I was 19st 7lbs when I first started taking them and not active due to some damage to my spine.  I lost 10lbs in my first month and I go to slimming world.  Haven't had the best weeks health wise so think I've not lost anything this week but will be back on it big style tomorrow now that I've got new medication and starting to feel a bit better.     Generally it is 5% in 3 months. Good luck. x

• Posted

I dont think ive lost that much this month ive stuck 2 the plan 100% only lost like 1 pound a week maintained its crap sad when I waa active lost 3 sto e in 3month I just hope they know ive beem trying xx
    • Posted

My doctor told me 5%  in 3 mnts as well,

Try not to worry your doing fab, just think what you were eating 5 weeks ago.

Give yourself a big pat on your back 😀

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.