Worried I'll leak after anterior repair!!

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi ladies, as most of my lovely friends on this forum will know I have my anterior

Repair on the 18th April. My only symptom is this awful bulge and feeling

In my vagina of walking with a walnut... I have read on this wonderful forum

That some ladies suffer with leakage after the surgery but didn't have it before.

The reason sometimes for this is if the urethra is kinked,it prevents leakage

Before hand. I'm worried because I don't have leakage now could this be the case

for me? Any advice to put my mind at rest would Ber lovely๐Ÿ˜˜.thanks so much to all you

Lovely ladies recovering and those like me waiting to go in for our repairs.good luck

And lots of love. Xxxxxx

0 likes, 48 replies

48 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi, good luck to you to I have mine the day after, were you having it done in the UK or outside
    • Posted

Hi Gilliam, yes hun I'm in Hampshire. I want it here. Now love so I can get well

And enjoy life.I want to change Jobs but can't till I'm fully healed. What

About you lovely?are you in uk?xxx

• Posted

Yes chic, I am West Yorkshire having op at Halifax,ย 

i had had an hysterectomy on the 1.7.15 and the surgeon noticed it then but said it wasn't bad enough to do the operation however I have been in pain since the op with bulging burning not being able to go to the toilet without laxatives last two days have been very bad.

i work national but my boss as been reall good so far but just want quality of life back, sorry for the moan.x

• Posted

Moan all you like hun,we are all good listeners. That a nuisance, having to go through all that again.I so hope all goes well hun

I just hate this bulge in the vag,gross.keep in touch with me love.take care of yourself.๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜

• Posted

That's great hun.lots of cleaning g companies where I live.I this k its the

Rich lol.not me though ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• Posted

Hi Welshgirl. I have been diagnosed with ant vag prolapse, I, going back to see a diff gp to,pros for second opinion. I don't trust the last doctor, she misdiagnosed me 18 mo ago ( shingles ) it wasn't shingles but just a menopausal reaction in my blood/ skin. Anyway this silly doctor also said to me " problem with this op that you may need it can leave you incontinent. "

That news left me very depressed. I started to do my own research, made great progress biggrin found this forum, ย I'm over the depression. I've also found one surgeon that can do the procedure that I may need if physio doesn't work. I'm waiting for Gyno - physiotherapy. In the meantime I found out that not all urogynachologists are SKILLED ENOUGH to do the procedure that I may need. It's a fairly new procedure and the guy I found writes on his website just that! He's in the north I'm in Brighton. Matron, what does this mean for women like me who live in a diff part of the country I'm on south coast were talking 300 miles or more. I have the option to go private, I could book it tomorrow. Never been in this situation before so have no idea what my rights are to get this surgeon on NHS in diff area. Maybe you can tell me. I'm sure it won't be the news I want to hear. The op is around ยฃ3,500.

the other news is I've been walking around quite normally since last weds, I'm 95% better and it's not protruding like it was HURRAH!!! I did Percocet floor physiotherapy online with Michelle Kenway, look her up on YouTube. Make sure your posture is correct. ive been able live a normal life since weds albeit a bit slower!!! Miracles do happen. I don't know if this will last but can't tell you how pleased I am. Just to let you know I did the PFE with Michelle talking me through it.. Hold and squeeze, 6 seconds leading TP 10 seconds. Tiny bit of pain but can put up with that. Definitely CANT / WONT put up with being immobile. I'm full of life and have to travel the world yet.ย 

Also I used the power of my mind and told myself I'm not ready to be a cripple yet!!!!

Not or so worried now. :-)

• Posted

Sorry about the mistakes , can't find edit ย button. ?
    • Posted

Hello worried. Firstly your comment about not all Urogynaecologists are skilled enough to do the procedure really shocked me. To call themselves a Urogynaecologist a gynaecologist has to have undergone intensive training after he/she has qualified to be a surgeon (MRCOG). Prolapse surgery is their bread and butter so if they can't perform that surgery they aren't Urogynaecologists.

The Department of Health said they were going to make it easier for all patients to choose their hospital and consultant but that means usually within your own Health Trust area however you can choose to go to another area but it could mean you have to apply to your health authority and ask for funding. It's often down to money. You could however make a private appointment with the consultant you feel,is the right one for you and discuss your options with him/her.ย 

You mentioned your GP isn't very good so go and see one who is and discuss it with them. He will know how easy it is to see someone out if your area. It is a good time now because April is the beginning of the new financial year. Hope that helps.

• Posted

I am passed that stage..my prolapse will Get worse so I want it sifted

While I'm still quite young.I have the best urogynacologist in Southampton

I am ijn the best hands possible. I researched for months before I chose

My consultant, yoiu have every right hun.good luck hun.xxc

• Posted

Hi matron

Doctors do make mistakes. I know 2 people who had ops on face and spine who have been left crippled and have nerve damage and got a huge payout. This is why we have to find the best surgeon with the new skills for this new procedure, past ops have left women incontinent hence what that gp said to me causing me depression. The surgery is called

Sacrohysteropexy is the operation that is performed to put your uterus back into its normal position. It is only performed by a very small number of gynaecological surgeons and many GPs are unaware that the procedure exists!

This surgery is a 2 week recovery period yes 2 weeks, no baths eat well and rest well, and there is no catheter no complications as long as you follow the advice you have been given for 2 weeks.

I think that women should be made aware of this new procedure and find out their nearest consultant not just accept what's offered. The op us ยฃ3,700 private. I'm Reading testimonials of people who had this done with 100% sucsess rate. :-))

Has anyone on this forum gone private ?

There are interest free loans available as it says on their website.

Best wishes

• Posted

I know about this surgery and it is performed in my area. It's not entirely new because a Urogynaecologist I know has been training other Urogynaecologists for quite some time now. Yes I agree mistakes are made but the number has decreased dramatically since the urogynaecology training came into force. Most mistakes were and still probably are made by gynaecologists who really shouldn't be performing the surgery. You also have to remember that sometimes with the best surgeons things can't be put right. Regarding the sacrohysteropexy, I have mentioned it several times on this forum.
    • Posted

Hi,choosing the best urogynacologist not gynaecologist is the key.

I researched for months before choosing my urogynacologist. He is the

Top guy leafing fro. Southampton. He has writing many books and research.

Matron is the Lady on here that knows her stuff about all this, her

Advice is gold.. I've read a few nasty stories about this surgery going

Wrong...its like any other surgery, there are risks,but if you have

Checked out the surgeon and his credentials like I have your on the

right track hun.good luck.xx

• Posted

Absolutely spot on welshgirl. Do your homework and remember most consultants working in the private sector also work in the NHS so the surgery is the same you just get more comfortable surroundings and nicer food lol. I had my repair in a private hospital but my Urogynaecologist like yours welshgirl is one of the best and his work in the NHS is excellent in fact he is now a Fellow of the Royal College of Gynaecology. You will be absolutely fine with your surgeon welshgirl, you researched well. Good luck for today at your appointment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.