Worried Sick.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Very anxious. Im 52, male, overweight, like a beer or 10 but have never smoked. I've had acid reflux for about 15 years but this bout is Acid reflux like I've never known or its osophageal cancer. Currently taking 40mg Esomeprazole and 2 x 130mg Ranitadin daily. Usually need only the Esomeprazole to keep symptoms under control. Classic symptoms: lump in throat, heartburn but with the new symptoms of cough, and chest and back pain AND dysphagia. I've never had it before. Coughed up 1 small piece of food yesterday. Either that or I regurgitated it which happens a lot. Due for endoscopy for reassurance. Had previous endoscopy in 2006 & 2009: both clear as a bell.GPs say it's not cancer this time either. Bloods 2 months past and this week. Both good. Always worry during flare ups but this one has really topped the lot . I'm terrified especially with the dysphagia/ coughing up. Can anyone reassure me?

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Another thing I've noticed recently is that gurgling noises are coming from my throat or oesophagus sometimes. I've read that this can be associated with acid reflux. Anyone else experienced this?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.