Worries of this Drug

Posted , 1 user is following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hey, have only just found this site, I am currently on veenlafaxine, beta blockers and diazipam! My daughter has just been prescribed mirt, and i am worried for her! she is currently on fluoxitine! please replt soon

Savannah

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

HI, I AM ALSO ON SEROXAT, BETA-BLOCKERS, DAZEPINE AND MIRT, FOR ANXIETY PRESCRIBED BY A PYCHIATIST,

TRYING TO CUT DOWN THE SEROXAT WAS AT 50MG NOW 40MG, I HAVE TERRIBLE WHAT I CALL NERVOUS LEGS AND I THINK ITS THE SEROXAT, I AM VERY SENSITIVE TO ANTIDEPRESSANTS THE WORST WAS PROZAC THEN CITALOPRAM AND VENLOFAXINE, SOMETIMES I ASK MYSELF IF IT IS ANXIETY OR THE MEDS MAKING ME ANXUIOS. ALSO HAD CBT DIDNT WORK,DONT KNOW IF THIS HAS BEEN OF ANY HELP TO YOU BUT I FIND MIRT THE ONLY ONE I CAN TOLERATE, MY PSYCH TOLD ME THE MIRT WOULD MAKE ME FEEL A LOT CALMER??????????????

DO YOU HAVE DEPRESION/ANXIETY!!!!!!

TAKE CARE

COLETTE X

• Posted

I have very severe anxiety and depression, I have been on these meds for over 7 years! they don't seem to help atall.

Now I have a 16 year old daughter that has experienced abuse through my ex-husband and they want to put her on mirt!, I am as i say on Venlafaxine, Beta blockers and Diazipam, i am worried for her! hope that you will reply soon,

Savannah.

• Posted

I would be very cautious about taking mirtazapine as i had a very bad experience when taking it.The worse feeling was the anger and constantly being on the attack with everyone.I feel like your daughter could do without feeling like that.Second time round fluoxatine is working for me.I have tried citalopram then fluoxatine,sertraline then mirtazapine and then gone back to fluoxatine.I'm glad i tried it again.
  • Posted

Depends what dose she is on.I have found that a low dose(15mg) will make you tired for a week or so.I wouldn't say the side effects are that bad,but will effect people differently.My advise is to try it for a month or so and if it's no good try something else.

One thing though.If it is caused by abuse,won't counselling be better?I don't think drugs will solve anything in the long term,and doctors tend to hand them out because they haven't got the time to solve the persons real problems

• Posted

Hey, my daughter is having to see someone every week, sometimestimes twice! it was her therepist that wanted her to go on this med icine, she was on Fluoxetine but it never helped her.

Thank you for your comments,

Savannah

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up