Worry

Posted , 6 users are following.

i have trouble staying asleep.  I wake at about four in the morning and my brain seems to take over.  I worry about everything, my children, my grandchildren, my husband who has medical problems, money and everything else.  I know there is nothing I can do about any of these things but feel I should be able to sort them all.  Money is not really a problem and this is the only thing I can resolve.

does anyone else have this problem as I feel it is just me

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I worry about everything and it's drastically affecting my life. I mainly worry about dying or my kids dying......I know what you are going through.

• Posted

Typical symptom of general anxiety disorder. Constantly worrying about everything. It seems like your husband's medical issues have really affected you, thus causing you to think about death of loved ones! If you can afford it you could start some counseling, it won't do harm and it will help you!

• Posted

As you said yourself there is nothing you can do about any of these things. I know it's easier said than done but you just need to take that burden off your shoulders, it's already causing you to wake up during the night. Everything seems worse when you're tired too so just try and let it go and get on with things. Hope this helps

• Posted

Marilyn I can't tell you how much I relate to you!   I would worry about something happening to my kids, my grandkids I worry about money because I'm divorced and alone, I worry about things I see on the news etc. it got to the point where the anxiety symptoms were so overwhelming I ended up Going to a neurologist because I thought I had some terrible condition. All my test came out normal. I decided at that point I'm not going to let anxiety ruin the rest of my life.

we can't let anxiety run our lives and our minds. We are better than that and we deserve to feel healthy and enjoy life. We need to be relentless in the pursuit of our health including healthy minds.  I once heard the saying "don't believe everything you think "which is so very true.   Our minds  are  so powerful and  go to the negative if we let it.  I have battled anxiety since my 20s and I am now in my 50s. I'm at the point where , I know the anxiety symptoms so well and pretty much ignore them telling myself it will pass.   I have found meditative audios online that deal with  negative thinking and anxiety to be very helpful, also regular exercise, eating healthy and socializing. The worst thing we can do is isolate ourselves which causes us to think more and more negatively. As long as  we follow up with our doctors and if the test come out normal we really have to work hard at thinking more positively. You can find great books at the bookstore on the power of the mind and stress, depression anxiety. Chronic negative thinking can actually produce changes in the brain which is not good. On the other hand,positive thinking, productive thinking make positive changes in the brain.I also suggest seeing a counselor regularly even when you start feeling  better. It really helps!    They have the tools to help you fight this negative thinking and it has help me. At some point we have to decide if this is going to run our lives or are WE going to run our lives ?  Stay  active! Stay active! Stay active!!

• Posted

Melatonin 2-5g you wont have anymore trouble sleeping. Google it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.