Worrying

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi I've had this sore  throat and Gullet for weeks I'm having camera put down this week I'm so worried it mite be cancer I can't eat anything without acid popping up and it makes this soreness worse have any of you had th same symptoms that have lasted this long and I really don't now if I should choose th sedation or the throat spray help  

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I have been sick for two months.. I have sore throat ,can't breath ,chest pain,dizzy ,light headed. I'm just tired I get the light put down my throat Wed. I'm not worried about cancer just want the right meds to keep it away.. Just pray and believe everything will be OK. I'll post about my results Wed.

• Posted

Gillian , matt from the states

It most likelly GERD 

Have you had the scope recently?

Just asking because I have to get a servalience check every year .

This way they catch it before dysplasia sets in .

I have shirt segment Barrett’s esophagus 

• Posted

Hi Matt I've had scoot put down twice before  the last time was about two years ago I'm on PPI  medication but it's not working anymore 

• Posted

Hi Gillian

More than a few of us have had the same sensations. Mine started over a year ago, I have run the gambit of tests with no conclusive diagnosis other than a bout of gastritis, and H Pylori. However, my Nurse Practitioner has reflux issues so she is fairly certain it is what I am dealing with. While no one has given me a conclusive diagnosis of GERD, I have many of the same symptoms.

I too have feared the worse for this whole time, so far all of my tests, and blood work have come back clean though.

Many, many of us can certainly understand your anxiety, and I think most would agree when I encourage to try to relax, and not stress over any of your symptoms or dwell on them. Instead try to relax, think positive toward working on your diet, as that will be a big step no matter what your tests come back with. Exercise as much as you can even if it is just walking, above everything meditate, and relax. I know it is hard not knowing, but the stress will definitely only serve to make the acid reflux worse, and the other symptoms. 

It does sound so far like you have the reflux issues, just know taking control of your health can turn that around.

Take care Michael

• Posted

I did not see your question about the throat spray over sedation. I was put out completely when they did my endescope, I had a sore throat for a while after the scope, but it subsided.

For me the anxiety worked up to the procedure was more troubling than the actual procedure. The general surgeon that performed mine does them one after another and the time between them sedating me, and the scoping took very little time.

I was very concerned to about it all, for me it really was not that big a deal.

Good luck Michael.

• Posted

Here in the U.K. Were I live they only offer a light sedation or throat spray the sedation will not make me sleep in fact it doesn't even relaxe me 

• Posted

Hi Gillian,

Firstly, have the sedation, you will find it much easier, I had a sore throat for four months last year it healed eventually, I had endoscopy showed reflux, I wasn't too bad for a long time as I was on omeprazole but past few weeks I am same as you, sore chest, burning after eating and low grade sore throat, I feel I need another scope but my doctor says I shouldnt worry as it was done recently as he put it, just trying to put your mind as ease, as I know the worry can make you so totally stressed out, it's cruelty, as everyone says try as hard as you can to relax, it will help to lessen your symptoms, good luck with your scope, I hope you will let us know how you get on, let's all pray for peace in our minds. Kate

• Posted

Hi Gillian,

I had an endoscopy last week and had the throat spray and the sedation. I can remember both being administered but then i just woke up and it was all over. 

I was disappointed that they only found H Pylori because with the all the pain I’d been suffering I was convinced it had to be red raw and ulcerated inside me .........but apparently not. I think antibiotics and Ibuprofen caused my problem so my Doctor hasn’t prescribed me any and so far I’ve been OK but I don’t feel 100% normal in the chest area and I’m being careful to stick to my ultra sensible diet when I’d much prefer a Big Mac some chocolate and custard tarts!  It’s apparently very rare to have oesophageal cancer. Wait and see what is revealed from having your endoscopy and cross each bridge as you come to it rather than anticipate the worst. 

I’ve been so anxious and worried too, so I know how you’re feeling.  Try to avoid “Googling “ symptoms  because I ended up giving myself the severe “shakes” after convincing myself I must have something extremely serious and terminal. 

I’ve found reading other people’s stories on this forum has helped me more than any Doctor. A problem shared is a problem halved and when you know you’re not alone and you can relate your symptoms with others it’s very reassuring. 

Good luck, 

Jane 

• Posted

Thank you Jane 29413 are you on the U.K. The hospital were I ho only offer one or the other it both 
    • Posted

The hospital were I go only offer one or the other not both are you in the U.K. 
  • Posted

Hi Gillian,

I live in a London suburb in Surrey and the Nurse in my local NHS hospital told me it was a matter of patient’s choice where we wanted spray or sedation or both and being extremely anxious I chose to have both. I had no ill effects afterwards whatsoever. 

Hope you’re able to have both too. 

Kind regards Jane 

• Posted

I hope so to but the first time I had it done I was told by a nurse I couldn't have both so the  next time I needed it done I paid private  to see a surgeon he gave me more sedation so I managed to have it fine but I had to wait some weeks to get it done and this time it needed to be done now as my doctor Is worried about my weight loss and symptoms please pray for me 

• Posted

Hi Gillian,

Try and stay calm. I feel for you, but wait until you’ve had your endoscopy and try not to jump to any conclusions about your diagnosis until you know exactly what the problem is.  Cross that bridge when you get to it, but in the meantime try to keep busy and take your mind off things as much as possible by doing stuff you enjoy. 

Kind regards

Jane 

• Posted

Hi Jane well I've had it done and thus time the good let me have the throat spray and sedation the only problem was at some  point I pulled the camera out she told me my body went into panic and had enough but what she's seen looked ok but I needs tk have a barium meal done 😝I've had them before so I know they taste vile but not as bad having camera down anyway thank you for your kind words and help it was much appreciated I've got this very sore throat now I think it's because I pulled the camera out ! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.