Worrying about tapering off clonezepam

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey guys. So I've been talking .25mg of clonezepam since August 9th or so. I've only taken it when I've needed it for panic attacks, usually every other day but sometimes every day. There's only been a couple times that I've taken the .5 mg, but that was only in the beginning when I was trying to get my panic attacks under control. Anyway, when I started taking them, I of course read all about them because that's what I do, and now that I don't really need them anymore I'm wanting to wean myself off of them because I've read horror stories about benzo withdrawals, even though I don't feel like I'm dependant on them. Can anyone make me feel better about it? I haven't read up on it or on tapering in a while because I don't want to freak myself out but now that I want off of them, I'm worrying myself. Is .25mg that much of a dose that I'll need tapering? In the past few weeks I've only taken .25mg every other day. I know I'm worrying myself for no reason but I'd like others input on it. Words of encouragement please! Thank you all!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

The dose you are on is so low that going off cold turkey would not likely do anything. I am not a doctor, but I have taken Benzos at much higher dose and went off cold turkey. It sucked but I did it.  I will never take those thngs again!   
    • Posted

Hey Dee....I think you're right. I'm sure I'm just psyching myself out thinking about it. I just don't like taking them. Especially since my citalopram is finally working for me. I just don't feel like I need to take them since the panic attacks have subsided.

• Posted

Awesome cheesygrin

Most of the time I personally don't think we need all the drugs we get put on, when exercise or some other modality would work better and safer w/o addiction properties or life long side effects even death. Many doctors are pill happy without taking the time to investigate the cause of the problem.  There is nearly always a physical cause for mental issues. It is important to get to the root cuases of things idea 

Keep taking good care of yourself!  

• Posted

I agree completely!! She put me on them because I was having panic attacks every day. I was going through a rather stressful time in my life. But I just don't want to be dependent on them. I don't even know if 2 months taking them every other day at such a low dose can cause dependency. I only have 7 pills left so hopefully I can just cut them into 1/4ths and be okay. I had nightmares all night long for some reason. Not sure why and today I'm just groggy. Probably from waking up throughout the night. Who knows. Lol

• Posted

Hello, you are on a very very low dose so i would bet you can just stop taking them without any issues. I know one guy on Youtube that was taking 24MG of Xanax a day and how he got off the drug, unreal but you should be fine. 
    • Posted

Oh wow...yeah that's what I want to avoid. The scary withdrawal thing. I took half of a .25 on friday. I only have mild insomnia. Just waking up every couple hours. But that could be the nightmares I'm having. Lol. But I think you're right . I'm just a worry wart!

• Posted

Yeah just a worry wart you are, you will be fine so relax. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.