Worrying amounts of Anxiety/Panick Attacks

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi recently i have accpeted the fact that i have an Anxiety disorder and i wanted to know if i was alone or not in my symptoms,

sometimes i feel weak as if my blood sugar has dropped when it doesnt which sometime triggers my panick attacks! I also get this strange light/numbing/aching feeling on the left side of my chest immediately i think its my heart which i know physiologically it is not. When i also have these panicked thoguhts i feel liek my thougths are runnign away from em liek i am going to go mad or insane or something, i eventually relax and i am ok but its never the end of it. Does anyone else feel this? or soemthing similar? 

I have been to the doctors who have referred me to a CBT (cognitive behavioural therapist) but i am also going to try a psychotherapist. I have a low dose of Diazepam to temporarally help with the anxiety, what treatments have others had? what steps are you taking? am i alone? Thankyou x

1 like, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, your not alone slit of peopke hAcd the same feelings as you do. I would advice for you to not take diazepam fur to long as the every addictive acid yiull feel strange coming off them. I certainly did. But if yo only the eye you feel you need the. You should be fine. Everyday for a long period idbt a good idea. It cold be linked to low blood sugar which you might want to get checked out, but usually it's down to pure anxiety. Do you worry a lot? I started meditation 6 months ago for my own health and panic attacks
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Sorry about mistakes, using phone and can't see what I'm writing after a while. I started meditation and using some off u tube and I do it everyday. Learning how to breath and ways off grounding yourself is very useful when you suffer from panic and anxiety. I also use natural remedies that hel
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Things like, lavenders oils, if you read up on these oils yiull be surprised what they do and how they can help. Also other natural remedies could be an option if you look into it. The last thing really is finding what makes you panic, how you can look at helping them or stopping them, and talking about how you feel. So ce I've done all these things I'm no longer having them. I'm also finding that I've come out of my shell so not afraid to be around people I don't know etc or under pressure at times, I deal with it much better. If you need any more advice please feel free to ask. I hope you start to get things where you want them soon. Hannah
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Luke, I also suffer from health anxiety and have had tests for differant things. I have constant chest pain especially I'm the left side. I've found fresh air and excersise helps quite a bit.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up