Worrying virtual colonoscopy results.

Posted , 2 users are following.

After severe diver last year have had ongoing problems. Still don't feel right, although bowel fairly normal now. Gi did colonoscopy but couldn't get through, so,had virtual colonoscopy. This shows blockage, which I suspected, because of  some symptoms. Was very surprised and upset when Gi doc said the radiologist doesn't think it's from my diverticulitis. I've had many pelvic surgeries so hoping its from them. Can radiologists tell if it's a tumour? He  could tell it wasn't  from the diverticulitis so Now I'm very worried. Colonoscopies up,to date and always been fine. Got an appt with colorectal surgeon on 1 st may. Will need op to take whatever this is out. I'm not worried about that, I'm worried about what it is.  Anyone had similar experience. Desperate here . 

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I had a colon resection 4/9/2018 for diverticulitis attacks over 1 1/2 yrs. 

Pathology came back with diverticulitis, normal tissue and a bowel stricture from previous attacks. The bowel was actually hardened.

The radiologist should tell if there is a tumor. But until they can biopsy the area they can’t be positive.

The virtual colonoscopy covers a bigger area than the colonoscopy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.