worrying X10000

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi there, 

I'm new to this so not entirely sure what to put on here, but im 17, always been a worrier and now having to have cbt therapy classes because I have anxiety issues... I'll worry about something and overthink it until ive pictured the worst case scenario and worry about it for weeks until i burst and become quite depressed. Sometimes it feels as if I will never be happy again..Not sure if this is normal or not and im not sure if ive written anything relavant or what i am supposed to write, but yeah smile 

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

We listen to every one you will be happy again I have anxiety and mild depression I use to live life to the full but since anxiety hit gone down the pan but lucky I fount this site coz if it wasn't for people on here I would of hit rock bottom what symptoms do u get ? Am guessing u have seen a Dr about it  
    • Posted

Ive only just found this website and its good to speak to people who understand.. I just lose interest in everything, i can just sit there for hours crying over worrying for hours and overthinking..

Ive seen a doctor and i should be hopefully seeing someone who will be helping me with cbt therapy, not sure if its any help as ive tried cbt online and it didnt seem to do much for me 

• Posted

Seeing people face to face will help you get more things off ya chest been able to talk helps can't rally talk to a computer lol would be much better
    • Posted

yeah very true, I just worry that the people i may speak to may judge me or whatever with the things i tell them about what i worry about, because i worry about strange things
    • Posted

They shouldn't do there there to help 😉
  • Posted

hi Jodie

just wanted to reassure you about the CBT classes. i''ve been to the classes myself and seen the way that they really helped some people... and i think that you are partly on the way already by being able to express yourself on this forum.

wishing you all the very best

• Posted

thank you so much, i cant believe ive only just found this site, people seem to understand, thanks again 
  • Posted

You maybe having anxiety , depression etc I do exactly what your saying . I now and again get really scared and think I'm going to die or even about anything else in life and dissect it to a point it's in my head all the time . 

Try hard  your very young , you have your whole life ahead of you . 

You could try going to the gym and look into a new hobby to take your mind of the ISSUE your worrying about as it creates endorphins and it's a feel good hormone (works for me sometimes)  . sad 

Take care 

Regards 

• Posted

Work takes my mind of things a lot, but as soon as im sat on my own i just start over thinking and picturing such bad things. its awful!

thankyou very much for your advice, it means alot 

• Posted

Your welcome, Jodie when when your on your own have you thought of TELLING YOURSELF to " forget  about it , it's playing with my head, I'm stronger than the voice within, I WILL get through this, I WONT let it control me ".... actually say it out as if your talking to somebody , ( don't think if someone sees or hears you but your in your own ) but if that bothers you then go in your own room . 

It's all about telling your brain words so it stops tapping into your weakness  because it knows you react and give in  to it eventually ..... 

Don't let it win your mind , YOU CAN DO IT 

Regards 

• Posted

Thankyou so much , I'm deffo going to try that , it means a lot that ur taking time out of ur own life to help me .. Thankyou again 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.