worsening reflux oesophagitis despite medication

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hi, just want to share my experience in case people can reassure me., I have been seeing a doctor and also Gastro enterologists over the years for an answer to acid reflux, and bile reflux with oesophagitis and gastritis.  I recently lost my Mum and have been under a lotmore emotional stress. It may just be coincidence, but my symptoms have worsened, in spite of being on 40mg Omeprazole.  I am due to return to the doctor soon, but am dreading another endoscopy.  I fear the worst.  From the horror stories I read about fundoplication, it does not seem like a good option, just a last resort.  I wonder also if people have gastrectomies to prevent damage to the oesophagus?  I have been drinking very strong tea and coffee, which are definitely a no no, but am trying not to.  I find it very difficult to cope with no caffeine and get really bad withdrawal.  Any ideas?  The worry keeps me awake from 3am every night.   

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Strangely the phosphoric acid in coca  cola is great for reducing stomach acid.

it works by tricking the stomach into thinking it's too acidic, so the stomach responds by producing less acid.

I believe  lemon juice does the same, but I haven't tried it.

I cured terrible acid stomach caused by calcium carbonate tablets by stopping all calcium carbonate and drinking a can of coca cola for three days.

voila! No more acid stomach.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.