Worst day ever

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all I've got to write this out cos I need to know that this is part of the journey to recovery.  I feel so rough today a little bit spaced out achy very low appetite just want to go to bed and stay there I thought I had got away without any side effects obviously not. I'm on day 5 of fluroxitine is this the roughest it gets 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Edward,

sorry to hear you are struggling. Your symptoms are normal to starting flou. It can get rough but it does pass. It usually takes 4-6 weeks for it to settle into your system but when it does it's great. Try to drink lots of water, ginger tea helps with your tummy. Try and occupy your mind so you don't spend all your time worrying about how you feel. Exercise is a great way to up your feel good chemicals. Chat here for support. I've been through it and know how crappy you can feel but I've come out the other side and am living life again. There are many success stories here.

Take care

• Posted

Laurie, how long did it take you to get to the point that you wanted to get up and things. I am at the end of week 7 on 20 mg and still feel bad physically. Will it ever end?
  • Posted

Hi folks

It took me over 8 weeks before I started perking up with weeks 4-6 being particularly bad. As for the lack of appetite I'd recommend those meal replacement powder things which you add milk to. Quick and easy to drink and they get calories in you when you don't feel like eating anything.

Good luck.

• Posted

Kirk, when you say it took 8 weeks before peeking up, what did you mean ? Did you have physical symptoms like stomach problems, sick feeling  and anxiety

I don’t know if this is the fluox or something else. It’s been 7 weeks. 

• Posted

It may be worth a chat with your doctor if you are struggling. I was on fluoxetine for 3 weeks and was so dizzy, felt sick, couldn’t eat nor could I get out of bed. I couldn’t tolerate the symptoms. Check with your doctor, they may say wait it out or they may try you in something else. We are all different and react in different ways to medications.
  • Posted

Edward, I am starting on week 3 of 20 mg dose after I stopped it cold turkey back in early Feb of this year.  I have had all the side effects you speak of but I am sticking it out as I know it takes time for the Prozac to get "back in your system".

I also have Klonpin for anxiety and it does help but I will be blunt and say it is only a band aid for now.

I am also seeing a therapist to cope with the death of my father in 2016.

As others have posted, try to hang on there, quiet a few have said in time it will get better. While I am not out of the woods yet, I am holding on to what others have said for encouragement.  You must do the same.

• Posted

Hi Ben thanks for your reply please tell me it gets easier I'm on dose 5 I thought I had got away with it but it all seems to have hit at once I also suffer with anxiety and the side effects are not helping 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.