Would you be saddened?

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi people, please help. i need to know whether i'm overreacting or not. would you feel sad if your 2 friends one being your best friend forgot your birthday i have known her since i was only 7. the other friend i have seems to forget all the time. would it be rude to tell them to wish me happy birthday. i feel really sad about this, my best friend has just messaged me, she didn't forget i now feel like a right cow!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

please let it go, life is crammed with troubles, this one is just a little practice

• Posted

hi richard, thanks for your response, i heard from my best friend and we're going to meet up. as for the other so called friend, she's getting worse so stuff at the moment, problem is i can forgot her birthday - on purpose!

• Posted

I will be 64 in July, am married, have 1 daughter, have 2 sisters and had 1 supposed best friend. Not one birthday acknowledged since I turned 60. My mama NEVER forgot, until 4 years ago after started suffering from severe dementia, she called me every year first thing in the morning and sang Happy Birthday to me. I live 650 miles from all of my family except my daughter and 2 young grandsons. My mama passed last June. Since losing her, due to my clinical depression I have been abandoned from all family members, who say they either can't handle me any longer or I use my "illness" as an excuse or scapegoat to verbally abuse them and I intentionally alienate everyone. I try to explain to them these things would not occur if they would just provide me with just a little support and care enough to educate themselves on my illness with no response from them. Last June when my mama became unable to talk, move or swallow, had a living will not to be kept alive with tube feeding, I flew home alone to spend her final days with her. Had little money, no vehicle, no friends, was thrown out in the dark from my sister's home the night before my mama's funeral due to absolute lies and my daughter who is very well off and had lied to me about her arrival time refused to help me. I expect nothing this coming birthday and to be honest I am beginning not to care. You just need to, if possible, let it go. I am trying my best to do this, unsure if I will be able to. It DOES hurt.

• Posted

they say you can pick your friends but not your family. i trust my friends, of whom i had 3/4 at the most. you have to be selfish and put you first! true friends will stick to you and understand you regardless! good luck to YOU.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.