Wow just Wow..

Posted , 6 users are following.

So i did some googling this morning for anxiety symptoms & found a forum someone had found an anxiety website and copy and pasted the symptoms. I was speechless reading them the list well well over 100 symptoms and they were just the most common. But what really got me was the fact that all the anxiety symptoms mimic terminal or serious health problems , i felt at ease so quickly when i realised that actually yeah it could be a serious illness but considering i have had severe health anxiety since my dad past away suddenly in early december anxiety IS the cause. Now although im not feeling 100% confident no one with anxiety does until they really kick its arse i feel a great sense of calm & im ready for the day to chuck at me what ever it will i go on holiday with my 4 children & partner on monday for 5 days im determined that this will pass just as it has done before and i WILL enjoy my holiday!!! If anyone would like to see the anxiety symptoms i will copy & paste them xx

4 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I like to see them and I am happy for you that helped you....

Wish you all the best....

• Posted

Alex i will send them or the link in a pm to u as it looks as though jojo has tried and its being moderated
  • Posted

I know right, I could not believe that anxiety had all these symptoms. At first I was so sure there was something wrong with me until I saw a website that listed the effects of anxiety n then thought actually no, there's nothing wrong with me. Anxiety is a horrible thing. I am still trying to sort mine but I know I will soon. Just keep focused. Together we can kick its butt 😜
  • Posted

Ok i will post when i can get to my pc :-) and the list is mad!!! I actually felt really silly while reading them and though ive had that before and convinced myself it was a blood clot !! Anxiety really can manifest itself in so many ways , i was told at my first lot of CBT that the mind & body connection is very very powerful which does explain why when u read say someone has died or you google a illness your mind takes the info in and then your body creates the symptoms . Im lucky ive been given a second lot of CBT sessions which i start after my holiday as when i had the first lot my dad had only been dead for 2 weeks so i was no where near ready to do any sort of thought changing or anything , i still also havent grieved for my dead old dad havent had the time so i feel that if i can allow myself to grieve or if the CBT will help me maybe i can finally get over this horrible anxiety , yeah even after i have beat it i will proberly have a few panicky days here and there but i can deal with that :-) ...
    • Posted

That should say dear old dad not dead old dad smile
  • Posted

Have sent you a message alex with the symptoms Hope it helps you like it has me and jojo smile
  • Edited

For anyone else that wants a look : 

Because each person has a unique chemical make up, the type, number, intensity, and frequency of anxiety symptoms will vary from person to person. For example, one person may have just one mild anxiety symptom, whereas another may have all anxiety symptoms and to great severity. All combinations are common.

What are anxiety symptoms?

Common anxiety symptoms include:

Body (anxiety symptoms commonly associated with the body in general):Allergy problems, increase in allergies (number, sensitivity, reactions, lengthier reactions)

Back pain, stiffness, tension, pressure, soreness, spasms, immobility in the back or back muscles

Blanching (looking pale, loss of color in the face or skin)

Blushing, turning red, flushed face, flushed skin, blushing, red face or skin

Body aches, parts of or your entire body feels sore and achy, feels like your body and muscles are bruised

Body jolts, body zaps, electric jolt feeling in body, intense body tremor or “body shake”

Body temperature increase or decrease, change in body temperature

Burning skin, itchy, “crawly,” prickly or other skin sensations, skin sensitivity, numbness on the skin

Burning skin sensation on the face, neck, ears, scalp, or shoulders

Buzzing sensation in the feet, toes, hands, fingers, arms, legs

Chest pain, chest tightness

Choking

Chronic Fatigue, exhaustion, super tired, worn out

Clumsiness, feeling clumsy, co-ordination problems with the limbs or body

Cold chills, feeling cold

Craving sugar, sweets, chocolate, usual craving for sugar and sweets

Difficulty speaking, moving mouth, talking, co-ordination problems with the mouth or tongue

Dizziness, feeling lightheaded

Dizzy, feeling dizzy

Electric shock feeling, body zaps

Excess of energy, you feel you can’t relax

Falling sensation, feel like your are falling or dropping even though you aren't

Feel like you are going to pass out or faint

Feeling cold or chilled

Feel wrong, different, foreign, odd, or strange

Flu-like symptoms, general malaise, feel ill, like you are coming down with a flu

Flushed face, red face, flushed skin

Frequent urination

Head Zaps

Heart palpitations, racing heart

Hyperactivity, excess energy, nervous energy

Increased or decreased sex drive

Infection - increased infections, persistent infection

Mouth or throat clicking or grating sound/noise when you move your mouth or jaw, such as when talking

Muscles that vibrate, jitter, tremor, or shake when used

Muscle twitching

Nausea

Nausea vomiting

Neck, back, shoulder pain, tightness/stiffness

Night sweats, waking up in a sweat, profusely sweating at night

No energy, feeling lethargic, tired

Numbness

Numbness tingling, numbness and tingling

Numbness and tingling, and other skin sensations on hands, feet, face, head, or any other places on the body

Persistent muscle tension, stiffness

Pounding heart, heart feels like it is beating too hard

Pulsing or throbbing muscles. Pulsing or throbbing sensation.

Rib or rib cage tightness, pressure, or feeling like a tight band around the rib cage

Sexual Dysfunction, sexual uninterest

Shooting pains, stabbing pains, and odd pressures in the neck, head, or face

Shooting pains in the face

Shooting pains in the scalp or head

Skipped heart beats

Sore or tight scalp or back of the neck

Startle easily

Sweating, uncontrollable profuse sweating

The floor feels like it is moving either down or up for no reason

Tightness in the ribs or rib cage area, may also feel like a tight band around the ribs or rib cage area.

Tingling sensations, anywhere on the body, including the hands, feet, legs, arms, head, mouth, chest, groin area

Throat or mouth clicking or grating sound/noise when you move your mouth or jaw, such as when talking

TMJ

Trembling, shaking, tremors

Twitching

Unsteadiness, dizziness, feeling dizzy or lightheaded

Urgency to urinate, frequent urination, sudden urge to go to the washroom (similar to urinary tract or prostate infection symptoms)

Warm spells

Weak - feel weak, weakness, low energy, light, soft, like you may faint

Weak legs, arms, or muscles

Weight loss, weight gain

Chest (anxiety symptoms commonly associated with the chest area)Chest tremors, trembling in the chest, chest feels like it is vibrating

Chest pain or discomfort

Concern about the heart

Feel like you have to force yourself to breath

Find it hard to breath, feeling smothered, shortness of breath

Frequent yawning to try and catch your breath

Heart Palpitations – beating hard or too fast, rapid heartbeat

Heart - Irregular heart rhythms, flutters or ‘skipped’ beats, tickle in the chest that makes you cough

Pounding heart, heart feels like it is beating too hard

Rib or rib cage tightness, pressure, or feeling like a tight band around the rib cage

Emotions (see mood) (anxiety symptoms commonly associated with emotions, mood, and feelings)

Fears (anxiety symptoms commonly associated with fear)A heightened fear of what people think of you

Afraid of being trapped in a place with no exits

Constant feeling of being overwhelmed.

Fear of being in public

Fear of dying

Fear of losing control

Fear of impending doom

Fear of making mistakes or making a fool of yourself to others

Fear of passing out

Fear that you are losing your mind

Fears about irrational things, objects, circumstances, or situations

Fears of going crazy, of dying, of impending doom, of normal things, unusual feelings and emotions, unusually frightening thoughts or feelings

Heightened self awareness, or self-consciousness

Need to find nearest washrooms before you can feel comfortable

Need to seat near exits

Head (anxiety symptoms commonly associated with the head)Brain fog

Burning, itchy, tight scalp

Dizziness

Dizzy

Dizziness or light-headedness

Frequent headaches, migraine headaches

Feeling like there is a tight band around your head, pressure, tightness

Head, neck or shoulder pain, tightness/stiffness

Head zaps, head tremors

Giddiness

Numbness

Shooting pains, stabbing pains, and odd pressures in the neck, head, or face

Shooting pains in the face

Shooting pains in the scalp or head

When you close your eyes you feel like are beginning to, or will, float upwards

Sore jaw that feels like a tooth ache

TMJ (Temporo-Mandibular Joint) - clenching of the jaw or grinding of the teeth

Hearing/Ear(s) (anxiety symptoms commonly associated with hearing)Feel like there is something stuck in your ear, that your ear canal it plugged or blocked, that there is a pebble in your ear that you can't get out

Low rumbling sounds

Reduced hearing, frequent or intermittent reduced hearing or deafness in one or both ears

Ringing in the ears, noises in the ears, noises in the head

Pulsing in the ears, throbbing sound in the ear(s)

Tickle or itch in your ear that you can't seem to get at

Mind (anxiety symptoms commonly associated with the mind and thinking)Afraid of everything

Altered state of reality, consciousness, or universe feeling

Brain Fog

Deja Vu, a feeling like you've done or experienced something before

Depersonalization

Derealization

Desensitization

Difficulty concentrating, short-term memory loss

Difficulty thinking, speaking, forming thoughts, following conversations

Disorientation

Fear of going crazy

Fear of losing control

Fear of impending doom

Feelings of unreality

Frequent feeling of being overwhelmed, or that there is just too much to handle or do

Having difficulty concentrating

Nightmares, bad dreams

Obsession about sensations or getting better

Repetitive thinking or incessant ‘mind chatter’

Short-term learning impairment, have a hard time learning new information

Short-term memory impairment, can't remember what I did a few days, hours, or moments ago

Spaced out feelings, feeling spaced out

"Stuck" thoughts; thoughts, mental images, concepts, songs, or melodies that "stick" in your mind and replay over and over again.

Trapped in your mind feeling

Underlying anxiety, apprehension, or fear

You often feel you are carrying the world on your shoulders

Mood / Emotions (anxiety symptoms commonly associated with mood, emotions, and feelings)Always feeling angry and lack of patience

Depersonalization

Depression

Dramatic mood swings (emotional flipping)

Emotionally blunted, flat, or numb

Emotional "flipping" (dramatic mood swings)

Emotions feel wrong

Everything is scary, frightening

Feeling down in the dumps

Feeling like things are unreal or dreamlike

Frequently being on edge or 'grouchy'

Feel like crying for no apparent reason

Have no feelings about things you used to

Not feeling like yourself, detached from loved ones, emotionally numb

Underlying anxiety, apprehension, or fear

You feel like you are under pressure all the time

Mouth/Stomach (anxiety symptoms commonly associated with the mouth and stomach)A ‘tinny’, ‘metallic’ or ‘ammonia’, or unusual smell or taste

Aerophagia (swallowing too much air, stomach distention, belching)

Burning mouth, feeling like the inside of your mouth is burning, or tingling, or like pins and needles, or all of these together or at different times

Burning tongue, feeling like your tongue is burning, or tingling, or like pins and needles, or all of these, or all of these together or at different times

Choking

Constant craving for sugar or sweets

Constipation

Diarrhea

Difficulty swallowing

Difficulty talking, pronouncing certain letters or sounds, mouth feels like it isn't moving right, slurred speech

Dry mouth

Feeling like you can’t swallow properly or that something will get caught in your throat

Feeling like your tongue is swollen

IBS

Lack of appetite or taste

Lump in the throat, tight throat, something stuck in your throat

Mouth muscles twitching/jumping

Mouth or throat clicking or grating sound/noise when you move your mouth or jaw, such as when talking

Nausea

Nausea vomiting

Nausea or abdominal stress

Numbness

Stomach upset, gas, belching, bloating

Teeth grinding

The thought of eating makes you nauseous

Tight throat, lump in throat

Throat or mouth clicking or grating sound/noise when you move your mouth or jaw, such as when talking

TMJ

Tongue symptoms - Tingly, “stretched,” numb, frozen, itchy, “crawly,” burning, twitching, “jumpy,” aching, sore, or swollen tongue (when it isn’t).

Urgency to urinate, frequent urination, sudden urge to go to the washroom

Vomiting

Skin (anxiety symptoms commonly associated with the skin)Burning skin sensations, skin sensitivity

Numbness

Skin problems, infections, rashes

Sleep (anxiety symptoms commonly associated with sleep)Difficulty falling or staying asleep

Frequent bad, bizarre, or crazy dreams

Hearing sounds in your head that jolt you awake

Insomnia, or waking up ill in the middle of the night

Jolting awake

Waking up in a panic attack

You feel worse in the mornings

Sight (anxiety symptoms commonly associated with sight)Distorted, foggy, or blurred vision

Dry, watery or itchy eyes

Eye tricks, seeing things our of the corner of your eye that isn’t there, stars, flashes

Eyes sensitive to light

Spots in the vision

Flashing lights when eyes are closed

Your depth perception feels wrongTouch (anxiety symptoms commonly associated with touch)Burning skin sensations, skin sensitivity

Feeling cold or chilled

Numbness

Pain

Tingling, pins and needles feelingsOther anxiety symptoms are described as:

Being like a hypochondriac, muscle twinges, worry all the time, tingles, gagging, tightness in the chest, tongue twitches, shaky, breath lump, heart beat problems, head tingles, itchy tingling in arms and legs, and so many more.

In addition to these anxiety symptoms, you may also find yourself worrying compulsively about:

• Having a heart attack

• Having a serious undetected illness

• Dying prematurely

• Going insane or losing your mind

• Suddenly snapping

• Losing it

• Uncontrollably harming yourself or someone you love

• Losing control of your thoughts and actions

• Being embarrassed or making a fool out of yourself

• Losing control

• Fainting in public

• Not breathing properly

• Losing control of reality

• Choking or suffocating

• Being alone

These are some of the more common anxiety symptoms. This list isn't exhaustive.

• Posted

Wow! Very interesting. I have thought I've been ill for 18 months with a lump in my throat and a numbness in my right face, arm and leg. I have realised its down to anxiety, but I need to know how to stop it can anybody help?

I suffer with health anxiety this will stop me worrying for a short period but it will come back and I will think the same things again. I am also scared of getting older and things happening to me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.