Writing to Reach You....Day SiX

Posted , 5 users are following.

Well....I feel like poo today! Couldn't get my head off the pillow this morning, which means I was late to work, so not the best start. Have a cracking headache this morning, feel a bit like I've been on the beer...which I haven't! Hangover without the fun! Still yawning my head off, still feeling twitchy and detached...felt weird driving to work this morning, it was like everything was at warp speed and it made me feel anxious which in turn made me cross because I love driving and rarely feel anxious when doing it. 

Can't wait to get home and get to bed today. Am hoping these positives that people talk about kick in soon as all I'm getting at the moment is side effects...and that's on the lowest dose! rolleyes Oh and STILL got a bad stomach. YAK. 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Nat,

I feel like i cant get out of bed in the morning, its an effort. and like you i feel like i cant get off the sofa , especially at night i just lie there watching crap on t.v , all my friends either busy, or gor young kids so i ahvent even go them to turn to.

if i just had someone i could go for walks and chats with it might help,

anyway  hope you are ok, we will have a chat tonight if your free, it might help us both. big hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Posted

Hey Rachel

Sorry to hear you are also suffering...it's crap isn't it! rolleyes I am in the same boat, can't get out of bed in the morning, can't get off the settee at night and no one to do things with...feel properly alone. Thanks for the message, will log on tonight and see if you are around. Hope you're ok, and have a good day xxxxx

• Posted

It does get better I promise. It was only 3 days getting into my system. I was incredibly lucky. Might be worth having a word with doc to cut dosage for a bit so it gets into your system, then gradually increasing it if you feel the need. Best to you and rachael x
    • Posted

Glad to hear it....am only on 10mg so not sure it could be cut. I'm due back on 24th so hoping they will settle down on their own. They are no where near as bad as when on Sertraline thank goodness! All the best to you too x
  • Posted

Sorry to hear you're not any better.  I think you'll just notice it at some point that you're not feeling as bad but it will/does take time.  It's a bit like putting the heating on in a cold house.  You don't really notice it getting warmer, you just think at some point "I'm not feeling as cold anymore" but the process has been ongoing. 

I'm not feeling quite as good today but things do go up and down so I'm sure I'll (and you will) get there.  Stick in and just remember you're one day closer to feeling better than you were yesterday. 

• Posted

Thanks davey_b...a great analogy actually smile I'm still hopeful, I'm just struggling today. I think that writing about it's really helping me so I will continue with my "writing to reach you" saga. Plus everyones advice and comments keep me staying strong so thank you. It's still nice to not feel as alone, though it saddens me that other people are suffering as well. Sorry to hear you are not feeling as good today but you're very positive in your outlook which is brilliant. Thanks again.
  • Posted

Got the headache myself today, no get up and go which is a pity because its my day off. Like you, yawning my head off but i don't feel tired. Another issue to deal with!!Had so many plans for the allotment but i just can't be a*sed. I suppose the feelings that are around at the moment are not dissimilar to being depressed without the REAL negativity and that god forbidden feeling of uselesseness. And hey, we have been there, worn the t-shirt and i HOPE, THROWING THE T-SHIRT away!! So long as i have fight in me i will continue this battle. Not giving in. !!
    • Posted

I feel your pain! I'm fasting today on the 5:2 diet (nothing like doing everything at once eh..."get well"..."quit drinking"..."quit smoking"....lose weight") so not sure if that's making my headache worse. But you've gotta try these things I guess! Oooooh an allotment sounds lovely so I'm sorry that you don't have the motivation right now...I can completely relate to it. I have my cross trainer sat in my living room and sat there last night looking at it....and looking at it....and then finally nodded off on the settee only to wake up and plod to bed. Good for you...don't give in....surely things can only get better eh? x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.