Wrongly diagnosed with asthma?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am currently going through a dose of pneumonia which ive had about 8 times in my life this time the doctor told me I have asthma in addition to pneumonia i was startled since i have never had any doctor claim i have this i believe it is an incorrect diagnoses since I am an otherwise very active 60 year old I walk sometimes 5 or 10 miles a day and have hiked at 10000 ft elevations and absolutely never in my life have I or do i experience any kind of shortness of breath or breathing discomfort under exertive conditions . what do others think? Is it just perhaps the doctor is mistaken?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi there!

It would depend on what sort of tests the doctor used to diagnose you. I was once very active with Zumba and Yoga and roller-blading until my lungs started giving me problems and I was diagnosed through CT scan with chronic eosinophilic pneumonia and then asthma. I started having a cough that wouldn't go away and then developed pneumonia and have been hospitalized three times in the last 6 years due to this awful condition. It seems the lungs once they are damaged are more prone to illnesses like bronchitis and pneumonia. I really hope you can stay out of the hospital and be able to breathe without shortness of breath but you may always have to have medicine to help with this and stay as healthy as possible. BTW, I was 59 when I first started having issues and was in great health, so it does happen unfortunately.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.