WRS how long will It take to recover?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I went off with WRS and complete burnout (primary teacher full time, mum and daughter to elderly parent) a week before Xmas. i was already on Citalopram but the Gp decided to increase my dose to the maximum 40mg. There has been improvement especially the muscular aches and joint pains have almost gone but I still struggle with focus, concentration, i still have panic attacks (though no longer in a continual state) and I get fatigued after a couple of domestic tasks. Anyone out there had the same? How long does it take to recover? I just don't know how I will manage my job full time anymore but the financial burden of part time worries me greatly. The demands of my job are unsustainable and in order to cope my only option is part time - a drastic pay cut.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

What's WRS? What country are you in? x

• Posted

WORK related stress.. I'm in the UK. feeling dreadful today as if someone has pulled the plug.

• Posted

No wonder you are feeling burnt out as teaching by itself is a very stressful job, add to that you have children to take care of and a parent and this is a blueprint for massive stress!

I am wondering whether you are claiming any benefits or maybe there are some more you could claim, so have a look on the Govt site.

https://www.gov.uk/

I presume you get full pay for up to 6 months sick? Or half pay? If the former then to be honest I wouldn't worry about it for a while and just concentrate on getting better. It's only been a couple of months and I expect you will feel better soon. What does your doctor say about going back to work?

An option is to maybe work 4 days a week instead of 5 and have a day off say on a Wednesday to give you chance to recover a bit. It would be worth economising to give yourself more free time.

Do you have any other family to help out with your parent? if so they must take their share of the responsibility. I have a suspician that you are used to seeing yourself as Superwoman and now you must unlearn this for the sake of your health. Not going to be easy but it is doable. x

• Posted

Thank you hypercat. I see my Gp in a couple of weeks and will explain that I feel I need longer. Sadly family live a long way away so most of the responsibility for my father falls to me. We also have the same situation with my mother in law who has come through skin cancer, stroke and a masectomy in the last 6 months and now has Parkinson's. A lot to cope with.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.