WTF is wrong with this site

Posted , 6 users are following.

I find there is a wealth of valuabe  information here but I can't get on if pop up blockers are in place I understand that they apparently they need the hits ...

But what I don't understand is that with the long  threads its simply impossible to follow the conversation. Is it that difficult to have the posts in chronological order?

When I found this site it was an answer to my prayers..today I find I dont even want to come here as the frustration of simply following a simple post is far out wieghed  by any information it may contain..

In any case I thank those who have provided the great information but I cant see myself participating in any longer  nor recommeoding to my friends that may need the answers buried someplace in this archaic site.

Apparantly the data mining going on here is to the benefit of the owners and not for those seeking help and suppoet...

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I somewhat agree. Posts should be in chronological order. Look at most other forums and see their format and you realize what a cluster **** this site is. Sensoring of practically all links in a post is crazy. No spell check. Unreliable notifications of new posts. The forum "prostate problems" forum has been pretty dead the last few days. Maybe its the nice weather maybe people are tired of the screwy format and crazy rules.  That said its still a great place to get information. I hope people don't desert this place. If they'do I hope someone PMs the new forum they're on. 

• Posted

Some notifications don't get to me til there days old. This was posted 17 hours ago. Just got the notification.

• Posted

Why not give thanks for being offered a free support service that gives you the information you won't get from doctors?

• Posted

I'm extremely thankful for this site and the men that post their experiences here. That said a few minor modifications would make navagating this site much easier and would probably increase usership. . I've posted links only to have that information deleted. These were informative websites that people may find valuable information on. I don't mind the pop up ads ( although I understand if you do ) its a free website so ads pay the bills.Navagating it on my phoine for a couple of weeks was a complete nightmare between the pop ups and the new posts being mixed with old posts. Best of all I have a few new ctber friends that I wouldn't have if it wasn't for this forum, and our shared prostate issues. 

• Posted

Guys, though agreeing with Lester that this is a great spot to stay informed at no cost, I concur with Unklefester that a chronological format of postings and information makes tons of sense. Easier to follow very informative threads and stay informed. Other similar sites have a chronological format and it's easier to read. My two cents....cheers.

Stinger212

• Posted

I don't get it.  I'm not aware of any pop up blockers/ads.  And the chronologic order of things has never been a problem.  I just don't get what you're talking about.  Though I do question why links are freely deleted.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.