X-ray showed lung consolidation. Very worried.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi, I have been a forum member for a while but it's the first time I am posting. 

This year in winter I have constantly been having colds and infections. Ended up with what I thought was bronchitis in the end of February - had bad cough with lots of sputum. After 3 weeks I visited GP and got prescribed antibiotics and sent to chest X-ray. Antibiotics cleared the infection and I feel better now and cough stopped. However my x-ray showed lower lobe consolidation and I will need to have another X-ray in 4 weeks to see if that's cleared. The doctor suggested I had pneumonia but my only symptom was bad cough and a bit of temperature to start with. I wasn't bed bound or out of breath as you do with pneumonia. So my anxiety is through the roof now, and in the Internet lung consolidation is often cancer. I don't know how to survive for the next 4 weeks until I have another x-ray. I am driving my husband mad with my anxietyso can't really keep talking about it with him. 

I am not expecting people here to know my diagnosis but perhaps somebody had a similar experience? Thank you 

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.