xanax

Posted , 3 users are following.

Any one use or used this and how was your experience or side affects and was it hard to come of currently on 1mg day in 0.25 every 4 hours sometimes little more if I need it ?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I have Nick and it's great to have on a ((if needs must)) basis.

I don't take them now because doctors are a bit wary of giving you to many or keeping you on them too long.

My nanna was on it for about 50 years,she couldn't come off it but I in her day they didn't know if it could be addictive or not.

I found them extremely beneficial when I first started with anxiety 10 weeks ago xxx

• Posted

Oh and I don't remember side effects. My anxiety was so bad I don't think I would of known what was the tablet and what was the anxiety xxx
  • Posted

So true I don't know if they helping or the problem , but think I'd bev worse without them just need to see what can take to lift my mood or balance my mind or feel good for once thanks for reply gillaian
    • Posted

It's so hard trying different things and waiting for the right balance to be reached so that things become more copable for us.

I think the ones I was on where 5mg and at times I could still feel a little panic trying to push through xx

• Posted

Its more than hard I don't want to try meds be back where I started or they don't work no life how supposed to move on but what's the answer I don't want be dependant on xanax if I can come of it really its not helping my illness or whatever I have just taking or numbing it don't know
  • Posted

I am 39 and have been on xanax now for about 17 yrs.I take 3 milligrams per day and have never had to change this amount.I did lose a doctor once in between years and ended up without my meds for six months, during which I had a return of all my panic attacks and issues, yes, but did not in any way suffer withdrawls or have a problem stopping xanax. I hear some do have a problem with phyaical addiction but the benefits to people like us greatly outweigh the risk I believe. My current Dr thinks so as well and has me on them again, for which I am grateful. Xanax is perfect for panic whereas Klonopin is too long acting I think( Ive tried that also), xanax is short acting starts fast and stops fast so its great for immediate help during panic attack or sudden issues that do not last long. Always you will hear a million arguements against xanax, and the like. I am all for it and would not be here today if I did not have it to help me.It cannot be as dangerpus as people claim either, if used correctly, because I am now 17 years on this med. without a single problem no side effects, no real addiction to speak of other than it helps me greatly. I take a lot more than some and take it along with Lexapro.I tried just Lexapro alone also but the 2 work well in unison.I am unsure if in England we call this different name? I now lie in the USA. I noticed for example that OTC things such as Paracetamol here is called Acetominophin, and am sure some Rx drugs differ as well so I apologize if I am saying the wrong names. 
  • Posted

sorry anout the typos and as far as I know you cannot edit. I meant I now live in the USA, but I know meds have various names betwen the two countries so I may have used the "American", terms and wont realize

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.