xanax

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi im on 0.75 mg xanax. 0.25 mg 3 times a day. ive been on it for about 3 weeks now. how can i taper off. any answers apprecited.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I was on .25 xanax twice a day for a month, it helped but i wanted off of it.  I didn't want to become dependent on it.  I have always taken it but only when I needed it and I would get 90 pills and keep them for 3 years.  But when i had to take it daily, nope that didn't sit well with me.  

I tapered off in about 2 weeks,  I started with cutting out 1 pill every other day then down to 1 every other day then 1/2 of one every couple of days.  I would talk to your doc about how to taper so you don't have any side effects.  Most likely it won't be hard since you've only been on for 3 weeks.  I think the only thing I had for the first 3 days where head zaps occationally.  Good luck and talk to your doc.

• Posted

u mean take 2 a day then after a week or 2 cut it down to 1 then a half ?
    • Posted

since yesterday i cut 1 down to 2. how long should i stay on 2 before i cut down to 1 ? sorry for asking so many questions
  • Posted

I agree with Patti.....TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR. Three weeks should be really easy, but do check with Doc.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.