Xanax Withdrawal

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey, I've been going through xanax withdrawl for almost for months it had been sheer hell. I'm doing a whole lot better except for the racing heart and high pulse. My heart rate is 80-105 while resting and 105 to 140 just walking through the house. My question is : anyone else going through this and how long?? Any advice would be appreciated oh. I have had a tilt test, echo, ekg an blood work. THANKS & God Bless smile

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

How long have you been taking xanax? Im trying to stop using it now. And yes my heartrate is up and I feel nauseated...
    • Posted

I was on xanax for 14 yrs. My dr. Left so I had to switch dr.s an the lady that I am currently seeing cut me off.I tapered fadt an it has been hell.I do not recommend tapering fast. Because xanax withdrawal is dangerous there a site called Astons Method it shows you how to taper safely . You can Google it. Good Luck smile

• Posted

Low sodium diet is good at reducing pulse and there's medicine that reduce pulse . one medicine I used was made from snake venom

• Posted

I generally have low bp. Snake venom I've never heard of. Thank you for responding smile

• Posted

I have been on xanax for roughly 4years lost track. I started with 0.5 twice a day & then sometimes 3 times a day. It worked wonders for me & then a friend gave me 1mg & that was even better, I took that twice a day for 2yrs. My memory was very much effected by this drug. I am now seeing a pysc dr & she has me on an antideppresant which I started yesterday & really having some side effects with that. She also told me how addictive xanax is but still gave me a script for it with 2 refills. I too want to get of of xanax but I'm totally afraid. Please let me know how your withdrawal is going!! I also wanted to mention being on xanax for so long It doesn't work for me like it did in the past!!!!!!!!!!!

• Posted

Linda, alot of ppl have had alot of success through The Aston Way I wished I would've had this opportunity. But I didn't have a tapering option. I was taking 1mg. 3 times a day for 14+yrs. When your body developes a tolerance to xanax you become hooked.It no longer helps unless you take higher dosages. You can have withdrawls and still be taking xanax because you build up tolerance to the drug.I hope to be free from these withdrawls soon. Google Ashton alot of ppl. Have stopped xanax safely Best Of Luck ; ) God Bless..

• Posted

I have only used Xanax for about 3.5 months everyday from only .5 to 1 mg a day and it's been a week since stopped. The withdrawals have been horrible and had not slept for more than three hours a night for this whole week. I finally got some valium and Ambien and now I finally getting some sleep and feel normal again. I slept 6 hours yesterday and 5 hours this morning. My heart rate as well was all over the place and I was contemplating suicide until I finally am tapering with another benzo which I recommend you do...also, with Ambien and gabapentin. I know this is an old thread, but it helps to relate to someone who has gone through it. I am done with benzos after i finally am free of the horrible horrible horrible xanax.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.