Xant catch my breath 24/7

Posted , 6 users are following.

Have been a bix anxious but now I cant catch my breath 24/7.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I'm not a doctor but I have a couple of suggestions. First try taking deep breaths from your stomach; this will make your diagragm fill your lungs with air fully. Your stomach should rise, when it can rise no more, then expand your chest. Take deep breaths like this, possibly even try to hyperventellate a little. If you hyperventellate too much and become dizzy, you can breathe into a bag to alleviate that.

If none of this works, maybe see a doctor.

• Posted

Hi Herbie,

Try taking your mind off it for a moment, watch something on tv, a comedy perhaps, or call a friend and talk about something that interest you, other than your health that is. You may find that your breathing will return to normal and if that is the case then you will know that it is more likely to be anxiety than anything serious. The more you dwell on your breathing the worse it will get.

If this doesn't work get it checked out.

Best wishes

• Posted

Herbie,  it is time to see a doc if this is something new happening to you.  Deep breathing is a great technique as is meditation (there are all kinds of CD's out there for meditation) and I would do these while waiting to see the doc.  If your symptoms go away, you can always cancel the appt but it may be best to be checked out anyway.  Keep a record of when, how often and what symptoms you are having so you can take this to the doc.  Let them know how your normal self is and how this is affecting you (and it is surely affecting every part of your life...). With symptoms like this it could be anything from anxiety to a blood clot.  Time to find out what you are looking at and how to move forward from here.  Best wishes and keep us posted.
  • Posted

it's ok I know how u feel its scary but distractions help and finding ways to relax but if u would feel better maybe see a dr? I'm sure it's nothing scary like a blood clot u think with us having anxiety u wouldn't say the worst things it can be because we tend to think the worst and believe it ... you will be okay smile breathing excercised help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.