Yay!!! It's finally gone

Posted , 6 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I had my gallbladder removed yesterday, I know it's early days and I am still dosed up on pain killers but I feel sooo much better already. I won't lie I woke up after the op feeling like I had been run over by a bus, but that went quickly and I was home by tea time. I ate with no sickness and slept very well. It was not as bad as I had expected. 

2 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I am so pleased for you that all went well. I am interested to know how you get on . I have just heard I have mine on the 25th August . Take care and get better soon. So nice to hear positive feedback smile
  • Posted

I had my gallbladder removed on Monday with an added procedure of enlarged cystic ovary and swollen felopian tube that I didn't even know I still had. Feeling good over all still on some pain meds, eating soft things and drinking a lot of juice. Wish I knew other choices to eat this is getting boring. I love food, gonna be hard to learn new ways of eating. Any ideas???
    • Posted

After a year I was eating everything I used to eat, in fact the only problems I had were due to an acid stomach, which I get if I eat too little fat/oil however I've now found a daily portion of yoghurt helps sort it out and I can't eat too much bread odd because toasted it's fine.
    • Posted

Hi Auntbee, I also had my Gallbladder removed on Monday and am feeling fine the only thing I've noticed is every time I eat something I want to go to the toilet within minutes. Hope this will settle down soon.
  • Posted

Great.

Hope you continue to improve.

I had mine removed at end of April.

Still having to be careful what I eat but much better than I was.

Take care and keep in touch

Praying for you

Sarah xx

• Posted

At the moment all I can eat is porridge and vegetables. Sarah you say you still have to be careful I was wondering can you manage meat ? I am hoping when I have my GB out ill at least be able to eat a bit more than I can now. Id be interested to  know. Thanks smile
    • Posted

Chicken has always been OK

Also Lamb and Gammon but be very careful to cut the excess fat off.

It is just a question of trial and error really Jane.

Have you got a date for your op yet?

Hope everything goes OK

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah

• Posted

Thanks for your reply Sarah smile I heard this week my op is the 25th |August so a while yet. I really am struggling with eating . As I said the only things I can eat are really vegetables and porridge and rice. If i have the slightest bit of fat and im talking  about 100mls soya milk which has 1 gram of fat in it. I know it and the nagging discomfort starts. I found meat really triggers it too even chicken. I am so hoping to be able to eat a bit more when had the op. I dont eat a lot of fat normally so being low fat wont be a prob but fat free is a nightmare.
    • Posted

Yes it is almost impossible to be completely fat free.

Hope you manage to get back to eating something a bit more interesting when you have had gallbladder out.

Praying for you

Love Sarah xx

• Posted

3 days after my op and I'm feeling great. Even with the pain from the operation, I feel better than I have in years, apparently I look better to. A bit of constipation a little shoulder ache left and not a great appetite but otherwise I am up and about, had a shower and got dressed. Taking it easy still but can't tell you how great it feels to not have this hanging over me.  I feel I can finally move one. 
  • Posted

I am still doing well. Yesterday I had quite a busy day and got quite tired, but I am still progressing well.  I unlike most people seem to have constipation, I was expecting it to go the other way, so am feeling a little bit bloated. I am starting to get a bit bored and want to do more, but am so happy I had the blasted thing out,  the discomfort from the op and the constipation are nothing compared to that constant nagging pain I used to get.  I am also able to get some very good night sleeps, my OH can't believe it as for as long as we can remember, I haven't been able to get comfortable at night.  

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up