Years-Long Symptoms

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone!

So I am 21 years old and I have been having this problem since I believe 2013. It all started after getting over a cold in December of 2013, when I realized I had to constantly clear my throat. It felt like mucus was constantly there, needing to be cleared out by coughing. I still have this feeling to this day, and have had it every day since then. I can’t even sit through a movie without the need to clear my throat several times. It’s not bad when I wake up, but progressively gets worse throughout the day. I’ve been to the allergist and gotten tested yet it came back completely negative, and went to the ENT and they said it was post nasal drip from allergies. I sneeze a lot so I take an OTC allergy pill every day to suppress that, but it doesn’t help at all with my coughing. A lot of the time I can feel mucus in my throat and kinda of just bring it up and spit it out, which is disgusting but it makes me feel so much better. I just don’t know what to do anymore about this and it’s been going on for so many years.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.