yeast infection?

Posted , 3 users are following.

A few weeks ago I started noticing yeast infection like symptoms. I had itchiness, thick discharge with no scent etc. I talked to my mom about it and found out she had recently changed laundry soaps. I assumed this was the problem and immediately went to walmart to get a monistat treatment. I went with the one day treatment (worst mistake ever). Immediately after inserting the ovule and applying the cream  I had an overwhelming burning sensation. It was the worst pain i’ve ever felt. I tried to ignore it but it only got worse. After about a week the inside of my vulva was so swollen and raw that it had started to bust open. I was applying Nystatin and also went to the emergency room and got a Diflucan. After taking the Diflucan it got much better but then a few days later I noticed my genital lymph nodes were extremely sore and swollen. I also was running a fever and had a very sore throat. I started to lookup my symptoms and immediately noticed these were all symptoms of Herpes and thought the absolute worst. I also noticed I had gotten two small white bumps on my vaginal area. No blisters or anything like that. It looked like two tiny white pimples. my mom thinks it could be an allergic reaction I had from the Monistat but I just need opinions!!!😩

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I’ve tried posting a picture but can’t figure out how
    • Posted

You need to use a computer or laptop. You can’t do it through your mobile device for some reason. Wish they updated that. Moderators drop a hint at the web designer lol. 
  • Posted

if you can get on a laptop or PC, post a pic for us? i’m having a hard time visualizing what you mean by “busting open.” what do the white bumps look like? are they whiteheads or do they look more clear fluid filled? are they hard to the touch or more squishy?
  • Posted

I am going to get on my laptop and post a picture as soon as I can, the bumps are hard to the touch and more of a clearing liquid inside. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.