Yeast infection please help

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have had a bit of swelling so I went to the doctor and she said it was a yeast infection and she tested my urine for STDs as well. she gave me two pills to take 3 days apart which seemed to help the swelling appeared to go down. but roughly two weeks later it seems to be back only now Itch a little and seem to have some white thick discharge. so I got a over the counter test which said my ph was abnormal so i bought monistat1 does anyone have any suggestions I feel I should not be this difficult to get rid of a yeast infection. I should note I have not had sex in over a yr and roughly 7 before that. image

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

the doctor also called and said everything came back normal on my std test. I am not sure if that cover HIV or hepatitis though

• Posted

Hello!

Your symptoms indeed sound pretty much like yeast infection. May I ask:

1. What pills did the doctor prescribe?
    2. Is this the first time you've had a yeast infection? . If not, how many have you had during a period of a year?
    3. Date of your last menstrual period
    4. Do you wear occlusive clothing, that traps heat and moisture?
    5. The white like discharge, is it malodorous?

Hope to hear from you soon!

• Posted

update the swab came back and they said it was not a yeast infection or bv. they checked for ghonoria and chlymidia and those were neg and flucoson or something like thay was given to me

. it helped but didnt fix anything so i went to the va and she gave me the same thing and that seemed to help the swelling went down and the white stuff got worse for a day or so but then went away. a week or so later i had my period and then a week after that the swelling and the white clumps came back. she took my blood to test foe hep and hiv and normal blood work. the normal blood work has come back already and everything seems normal. im sorry i dont know what malodorus means.

• Posted

it is not malodorus in the least. i dont know why it keeps swelling up and what this discharge is about if its not a yeast infection. im not sexually active but i do have a high risk job that requires i go a lot of unsavory places. im freaking out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.