Yet another newbie.....not started yet!!!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi,

Im sure you will all think iv lost the plot when I say this but I have been begging my GP for months to allow me to try Orlistat even just for a month to see if it works for me.....Nothing else seems to work sad ......After much begging I was told to go away and lose some weight on a low fat diet then go back and they would look in to it again. Anyway to cut a very long story slightly shorter I went for a blood test with the nurse on tuesday and I was chatting to her about the weight loss clinic she holds.....she had a quick read of my notes and asked me to pop up on the scales..........Im really not sure how but i seem to have lossed enough weight to be considered to try Orlistat.....im now just waiting for a blood test on my thyroid which should be due back tomorrow and as long as that comes back ok i can try them!!!! :D Im so excited and I cant wait to start........Iv got to go back weekly for weigh ins for the first month and then monthly after that...........Can I ask you all how much you lost in your first weigh in?........monthly or weekly.

Sorry for the long post.

Unhappy xxx

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, when my doctor offered me orlistat I told him I heard you had to lose weight to start on them, I said that if I could lose weight on my own I wouldn't be there he agreed and said that the regulations had changed now and that I didn't need to lose any before starting, maybe I just had soooooo much to lose :oops:

Good luck and give them a go.

I found this site useful and a real tonic when I have any doubts, just keep your sense of humour !!!! :lol:

• Posted

Hello and welcome :D

We are all kinda unhappy with our weight, thats why were here so join the gang and feel free to moan, ask questions and most importantly be yourself and have a giggle, Personaly i lost 8 llb the first month and have lost nothing more in the last 3 weeks ,others have lost more and some havent,just remember were all different and all want the same thing, If i never shed another pound i would still log in here just to keep up with how everyone is doing,One thing this site does is show you YOURE NOT ALONE. :hug:

Good luck and keep us posted

Alicat

• Posted

Hiya

I lost nearly a stone in the first 3 and a half weeks, but everything seems to have slowed down a lot.

And you will need a sense of humour, especially when the eveil wind and orange poo starts!! :evil: hee hee.

Don't worry to much it doesn't happen to everyone, and only if you eat to much fat.

Good Luck

Ales

• Posted

Hiya...

2moro will be my 1st week in on the tabs so I haven`t been weighed yet.

I didn`t have any probs getting tabs. I stopped smoking in Januaury and piled on the pounds rapidly. I explained to the doctor that I didn`t have the willpower to KEEP OFF the cigs AND loss weight. Just couldn`t do it, and thoughts of returning to cigs was becoming more and more frequent.

So fingers crossed. Even if the tabs kick start me and give me a little boost.... :D

Good Luck

• Posted

Hi....thanks for your replys!!! Well I have been told my Thyroid is ok and I can pick my tablets up on tuesday.....I just cant wait to start!!!!!

I also gain extra weight since giving up smoking in October 07 around 1 st 7 lb.........So if I can get a stone off in the first month I might get into some of my clothes before the end of the summer!!!! :lol:

Im looking forward to getting a nice dress for my work crimbo party..... or am i being a little optimistic???????? :lol:

The wind and orange poo sound Intresting.....Ill look forward to that experiance.......might have to book the next few weeks off work......just incase!!!!

Looking forward to updating and reading all your updates.......Unhappy X X X

• Posted

\"Im looking forward to getting a nice dress for my work crimbo party..... or am i being a little optimistic???????? \"

Ur being positive! Thats what u need to be!

Im looking forward to that also actually.... :D

Slimmer....and a non smoker this Christmas...woohoo... :lol:

• Posted

Hi,

I only just found out about being eligible for these tablets and began 1 week ago. As yet no dramatic weight loss but I am hopeful. I like many others on this site have PCOS and have been prescribed Metformin alongside the Orlistat anyone else had success with this combination?

• Posted

Ive just started on these and lost 3 pounds in a week, so seems to be doing something

Althought, fruit corner yogurts seem to be affecting me :cry: they are my favorites and the dietician and doctor said they are fine, but the side effects are not worth it :shock:

Anyone else had this????

• Posted

[quote:87309c1f7f=\"motorsportgirli\"]Ive just started on these and lost 3 pounds in a week, so seems to be doing something

Althought, fruit corner yogurts seem to be affecting me :cry: they are my favorites and the dietician and doctor said they are fine, but the side effects are not worth it :shock:

Anyone else had this????[/quote:87309c1f7f]

Hi Motorsport girli-

I am a PCOS sufferer and my docs have just mentioned to me about metformin which I need to get prescribed from the consultant on 4 aug. My doc said they are apparently a great medication- mmmm I will have to wait and see for myself until I can agree or disagree on that one.

How have you felt on the two meds?

• Posted

[quote:f1f75550e8=\"heartmoonshadow\"]Hi,

I only just found out about being eligible for these tablets and began 1 week ago. As yet no dramatic weight loss but I am hopeful. I like many others on this site have PCOS and have been prescribed Metformin alongside the Orlistat anyone else had success with this combination?[/quote:f1f75550e8]

oops I actually meant to quote this and NOT MOTORSPORTGIRLI- sorry its hot and its affecting me.

Please see my response below that I wrote to MOTORSPORT GIRLI

x

• Posted

[quote:74d3b0a01f=\"motorsportgirli\"]Ive just started on these and lost 3 pounds in a week, so seems to be doing something

Anyone else had this????[/quote:74d3b0a01f]

Hiya,

I think those yogurts contain quite alot of fat in comparison to the muller light ones (thats the ones Im eating). Always the things u like u can`t have.... :lol:

Well done on the weight loss.

• Posted

thanks sky Muller lights it is then!! Bit miffed as keeping my fat intake per meal under 5 gms on the doctors orders!

Im feeling great, can see a difference in my face already and people are commenting on it. I think these arent a miracle cure but if you eat properly and exercise, then they help imensly.

I was sceptical at first as i lost 4 stone in a year on my own with no help, then just hit a plateau,didnt gain weight or lose any so was put on these tablets to shift the last 2 stone i need to lose

• Posted

Well done on losing 4 stone......that was fab.

Keep up the good work .

• Posted

thanks skye

Hoping to be in those size 14 jeans within 2 weeks :lol:

• Posted

You can do it.....with a little help from your friends.........and a wee blue pill....... :lol:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.