Yoga

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi ladies 

hope you are all ok I am 12 weeks post a and p repair on a phrased return as a support worker in the community and would like to return to my yoga this week.  I know I can ask my teacher but still unsure exactly when to go    Anyone had any experience of this please   Many thanks.   Matron please return soon xx

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dianne - we had our op on the same day - how are you feeling now? - i too am back to work but only half days until May - i am happy to say that i am 90% recovered but still feel a bit lumpy down below although i think that is quite normal - just wondering if you had the same? I too am desperate to start doing something maybe Tai Chi but dont want to put things back.
    • Posted

Hi  jamandar

sorry for my delay in replying yes I remember we had our operation at the same time yes u too feel 90% recovered but some days it feels as if I have a very slight pressure on my vagina again and the top insides of my legs.  This is eased by painkillers and feet up so really not sure what this is.  I returned to my line dancing last week just not sure about the yoga.  Can you relate to the pressure I feel I wonder if I don't rest enough after 12 weeks the trouble is I think at this stage I feel I should be back to normal but obviously not x

• Posted

Hi Dianne - yes I totally can relate and the weird thing is that i can feel great in the morning but really incomfortable in the afternoon - like today!Cant say i have done too much but wonder whether its just that Im a bit constipated so tackling that issue quite aggressively and hope the discomfort eases - would love to actually see what is going on inside instead of guessing !!
    • Posted

Hi yes I do wonder if this is made worse (sorry to be graphic) when a bm is due.  On my problem days I can be aware of it as soon as I wake up like today (tired today too) where as yesterday no problem at all then Friday wasn't good either can't think why xx
    • Posted

Seems to make sense then - my consultant did say that after a rectocele repair constipation can be more of a problem - perhaps thats what she means!
    • Posted

Hi jamandar sorry for delay do u find a sit down job helps? I should be out and about helping people as I like to get out but work keeps giving me workbooks to sit at home and do good I know but feel I want to be out there now for my mental stimulation been at home enough😒 Went to yoga last night teacher was brill enjoyed it. How's u? Xx
    • Posted

Hi Dianne

Well sitting was really quite uncomfortable to start with but it is getting easier - im still a bit swollen and sore but nowhere near as bad as 2 weeks ago - just hope it continues to improve. I have to say i am glad to be back at work and talk about something else !! I have another week of short days and then backto full time which im not looking forward to - wish i could stay on short hours but no chance unfortunately.

Im going to start Tai Chi next week - thought it might be a good gentle way to get back to exercise - i will let you know how it goes! So want to get back to zumba but i dont feel ready for that yet. Take care x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.