You are all doing the right thing

Posted , 6 users are following.

Visiting these blogs is great therapy for all anxiety sufferers!!

I survived a terrible divorce, a vengeful ex husband and his equally vicious wife. I have never had a health problem, am fit, eat right.  Until the first anxiety attack came one night at 4 am.  A one night stay in the cardiac unit. I was fine but had no idea what was happening.  I contiuned to have these "symptoms",  tightness in chest, (like bubbles), dizziness, numbness and tingling in hands ( the left side going numb) and sometimes feet, not being able to take in a deep breath... awful, scary stuff. Then, my brain assured me that yes, I am going to die, via heart attack or stroke.  Not to be.  I have a wonderful doctor who checked everything, including ultra sound on my heart, which is strong.  The mind is an amazing thing, it is so hard to get control back once it has been taken over by anxiety.  Remember, breathe, relax, put something cold on the back of your neck, you are not dying.  Take a walk around your house, look out a window, just keep reassuring yourself,  stay off medical websites, and do NOT GOOGLE SYMPTOMS!! you will make yourself crazy. Anxiety symptoms are random, and scary, that pounding heart you hear and feel from head to toe, aching wrists and elbows, sore neck and shoulders, tight-pulling in your chest, I  still get the "shakes"  Get a check up for peace of mind, and then work on getting control over that part of your brain that won't let you be yourself.  Hang in there fellow anxiety sufferers.

5 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

You should be very proud of yourself! You have been put thru the mill. Sorry abiut your divorce experience. Hopefully as you gain back your confidence and become a stronger independent woman, which you already are, the anxiety level will substantially decrease.god bless. Feel better. you got this!
    • Posted

thanks so much.  Hard to believe I got this at 49 years of age!! am 51 now. Some days are so scary, I almost convince myself that "this is it", and of course it is not.  We all need to vent, you all are a great support system. Thank you for your kind words
    • Posted

PTSD but im sure you have heard that term. Also peri menapause stuff is arriving or arrived which adds fun to the mix of anxiety. It is scary and at times. just really know it does pass.i feel like proper breathing is very useful to self calm a lot of the symptoms. It def. calms the palps and heartrate part. I get the shakes at times too. in warmer weather ill sit outside and for some reason the warm sum and the nature calms it down as well. Its still cold where i live unfortunately. The cold doesnt work that well. 
  • Posted

We all have the same symptoms and we know that we are fine but we keep worrying.

The good side of anxiety is that it makes us stronger and stronger.

• Posted

Your post made me feel so much better this morning I am getting myself and my kids ready before I go to work and I'm already getting anxious about how I feel and if something will happen to me today it's a horrible feeling but il get through it for my boys thank you
  • Posted

this is a great story!

do you still have anxiety issues?

• Posted

Yes. I suffer. But have gained such control. The symptoms start, and I tell my brain to relax. I am also getting much more exercise. The bad days are beginning to be less frequent. These chats help me too.

Breath. Relax.

• Posted

that's great advice.

I had severe anxiety in my late teens, and I beat it for nearly 5 years, but then a good friend of mine passed away unxpectedly before his 30th birthday, and I've been having issues since. I've been having health anxiety issues since and insist on seeing several doctors, sometimes for no reason, even though I know I'm probably okay.

Do you have any advice?

• Posted

Well said, Christine, and I'm sorry for what you've been through.  I agree 100% and then some about not searching online about symptoms.  Hang in there and stay strong!  😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.