You can self learn cbt too

Posted , 2 users are following.

i have read that many dont know where to start or on waiting lists or just need help and cant attain it. It is heartbreaking. So i want everyone to know you can begin the process yourself. Youre  not helpless here. You really can! Cbt is everywhere on the internet. Pinterest has worksheets and tons of info.it is a hands on you must be interactive therapy at all times. Cant be passive with cbt. Of you tried it, try again.  utube has videos and of course theres tons of books and workbooks out there. Many gp or doctor offices are aware of online courses, some just need a code they can give you, others cost money BUT you can start this on your own. It wont hurt, i know it can appear over whelming but the help is out there if you cant get  into a real 25-30 session cbt counseling course with a well trained professional. They even have cognitive behavior centers you can go to outside the realm of insurance if you can afford that. For the severe and complication of agoraphobia they even have residential places you can go too. And online courses in cbt too. Instead of googling diseases or tring to swallow a quick fix, which do some times work.. but half the time dont, why not take this into your own hands. Im not saying its the cure and it will solve every problem you have..im saying it is out there. If i had a spare ton of money i would go to these retreats and centers myself, but i dont and most dont. So saying that please be aware you can hands down begin this cbt on your own, in your home. As long as you have a computer and the internet you can do this. You can start helping yourself..at least until you get called from the waiting list. Or if you cant leave your home. There is no wrong here. Learning will help you in some level. Get a audio book on it, or a book and a workbook and start it. Or use what online resource appeals to you. This just HAS to better then googling sickness which is 99% of the time useless and wrong anyway. I say that from my heart to all thise that feel so confused and lost. Its a productive way to go about this. Doing nothing cant be the answer.  We all know the symptoms and lifestyle from this disorder cant simply be ignored. So here would be the starting answer. No one is helpless here, everyone is most  likely brighter then the average person walking about, we are all people who seek answers and are smart, strong people. We need to retrain our brains and thoughts. I am working on myself as well but i wrote this because some really are lost and so scared and dont know where to turn. So after you have had a full exam at your doctors...start

6 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Been here for awhile now. Please feel free to contact me to chat about anything that's goin on in your life, and you just need a place to vent smile
  • Posted

Thank you Lisa. Interesting post and very useful. 😉 Anyone have any details of online cbt courses? Youtube and pinterest are great ideas too. Xx
    • Posted

It will go to moderation once you try to give  details.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.