Young and scared.•picture included (yeast infection?)

Posted , 4 users are following.

i recently noticed discomfort and has not gone away. its been a few days and today i got monistat thinking it a possible yeast infection so far it feels like it may be getting better but it has not even been 24hrs i am just really scared and don't know what to do. I am young and to scared to explain to mom and want to try to fix it on my own. Is this anything to freak out about or just keep using monistat and let it run its course? I have recently started to get a sore throat and upset idk if that could at all be related at all of poor diet . (this is about day 3-4 and only place it is)image

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You need to go to the doctor and get checked out. even if it isnt something serious you still need to go to be sure

• Posted

Are you sexually active? From this superficial picture and description it is impossible to tell if something is wrong with you. How this discomfort manifests? Please try to express in more details, e.g., itching, burning, do you have unusual discharge?

• Posted

yes i am sexually active but very little. it does itch but it doesnt really burn but i do have slight pain with underwear or wiping. it looks irratated i do see very little blood when wiping now too.

• Posted

Very little or much - it does not matter 😉 What matters most is how well you protect yourself. In this case if you started your own yeast treatment just don't interrupt the course, except you have visited doctor. Otherwise (if it is really a yeast infection) it can turn to a resistant form if you cure it partly. If the condition does not get better or if it gets worse, don't hesitate - put your shame aside and visit a doctor!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.