Your anxiety story and symptoms!

Posted , 10 users are following.

I figured this might be a good idea! I want to see what symptoms everyone else has had and maybe you will find someone who has had the same!

Mine:

Blurred vision

Trouble breathing

Knot in my throat

Racing heart 190 BPM

Heart flutters so so so any

Headaches

Claminess

Sweats

Pale skin

Trembling

Disoriented

Dazed

Lights in my eyes

Ears ringing

Ear fullness

Being scared all day

Fatigue

Empty minded

Nightmares

Chest tightness

Hand numbness

Mind you I'm only 26 and have been checked from head to toe and told this is all anxiety

0 likes, 44 replies

44 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

What a good idea this is my symptoms are

Spaced out feeling

Lightheadedness

Blurred vision

Shaky

Sweaty hands

Cold sweats

Chest tightness

Left arm pain

Tight sensation in neck and throat

Occasional palpatation

• Posted

So far such a trend!! Mine all started with allergies...kinda funny when I think about it but not at all funny!
    • Posted

mime started with a nightmare followed by series of panic attacks..
  • Posted

Mines started with a panic attack brot on by palpitations I was having due to low iron. Take iron tablets now to correct low iron but anxiety hasn't went away
  • Posted

My symptoms are:

Chest tightness/pain

Heart palpitations

Muscle tension and aches

Warm and cold sensations on parts of body

Legs falling asleep easily

Numbness/tingling in hand and mostly pinky and ring fingers

No energy

Panic attacks where I feel lightheaded, shaky, faint, clammy and weak.

Muscle twitches everywhere

Buzzing/vibrating sensations

Tip of tongue randomly tingles for a second

No appetite

• Posted

I also get the spaced out feeling can't focus or concentrate. Very withdrawn.

Shortness of breath like I have to keep taking deeps breaths

Feeling like something wet is on a part of body but when you touch it it's not or like a spot is numb but when you touch it's not.

Very aware of every sensation

• Posted

I also feel like I have to take deep breaths like once every 5 minutes! It's like I'm am short of breath but not really ya know?
    • Posted

try not to hyperventilate cause it will cause lightheadedness and chest pain..whenever you feel the need to breathe in hard tell yourself you dont need to as your normal breathing is good enough..dont try the fake yawn thing too..
    • Posted

Yes it feels like your not getting enough oxygen to your brain. I have to keep taking deep breaths and when I'm panicky I yawn alot one after the other
  • Posted

My symptoms have been: heart papultations, blurred vision, ear aches, head aches, fatigue, weight loss ( I was 8 and a half stone now I am 7, lost a stone and a half in 2 months) empty minded, strange dreams, aches in my legs and arms. Nice to know I'm not alone! I'm only 18 and don't have anyone to talk to about it really as no one really understands, I've had his since I was 13 it went away and came back about 4-5 months ago. Doctor told me I have social anxiety x
    • Posted

I was also 8 and a half stone, i dont have scales but i recon im down to around 7.5 now!  Are you taking any meds? I have severe anxiety & depression - also think i have social anxiety too but that I can deal with - or just very very low confidence x 
    • Posted

I was on sertraline for a month took myself off it doctors said it wasn't good I was loosing so much weight. He said if I loose anymore I could end up very poorly in hospital so I need to be careful. My anxiety used to be general but it's a lot more sociable now. I'll be starting therapy in a few weeks xx
    • Posted

Oh god! Did you find your appetite returned after stopping the meds? I don't know if my loss of appetite is to do with my meds or if its the anxiety. Were you not eating at all? I am having two protein shakes a day - around 1000 calories, i just hope i don't lose anymore! xx
  • Posted

derealization

spaced out

scared I'll lose my mind

shortness of breath

blurry vision

headaches

weakness

fatigue

was told it was anxiety and depression over losing my mom

• Posted

thank you it was 4 years ago I stopped taking citalopram cold turkey stupid I know thinking I was better but a few months later I went through a stressful situation my gpa was in the hospital and it triggered the anxiety depression im scared I'll lose him now Im learning to fight this everyday

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.